Thread: BBQ's

Default BBQ's

We purchased a BBQ here about 4.5 years ago that is now rusting to bits which really annoyed me as it was not all that cheap. We have to keep it outside which does not help. In the process of replacing it and looking for something that would be either cheap and disposable or that would last I came across these on trademe:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living...-264539644.htm

We bought one and it is awesome very well built and an excellent price. I talked to the owner and he said be is basically getting rid of what he has as he can't put them together cheap enough to sell them to mitre 10.

I have no interest in this company just really impressed by them and thought I would pass it along. I think he will be listing more but I don't know how many he has left. His number is on the listings you can ring him and just pick one up at the factory if you are in the Wellington area for 400 which is what I did.

Cheers,
    Chris

My best advise would be to go into harvey norman, negotiate the price down, and then wack it on intrest free finance they are doing good finance deals at the moment. in regards to rust, if you live near the sea then rust is something which will happen faster. a full stainless steel bbq will prevent this, however it comes at a cost. regardless make sure you clean it regularly and get a cover for it to help protect it.

I had planned to buy one around April when they get a bit keener to negotiate prices until I came across this one. It is wood with a stainless hood. The body of it is cast aluminium and quite thick so that will not rust. Very good internals (or at least they seem to be to me, they are heavy and work well not the thin cheap kinds).

One thing with stainless. Try a magnet on it, if it sticks at all it is cheap stainless and will rust.

Have you checked out the "Broil King" BBQs made in Canada. To this day, i've not understood the concept of kiwi BBQs that use a hot plate as it would be no different to cooking on a fry pan in the kitchen. Also the grills tend to have large segments so when cooking say chicken, the exposed skin part gets burnted black while the rest gets stuck to the grill. The Broil Kings grills are ceramic so there is nothing to go rusty and meat doesn't stick.