Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Charcoal Barbecues

Just as a follow up to my question re: shipping briquettes from the USA. I emailed MAF and they said it was fine :-)

Amy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kea View Post
    Thanks all. We'll try a chimney starter before we give up!
    Yea I find Manuka is pretty good, best stuff I've used to date is the big green egg lump charcoal on my bge bbq but is pretty hard to come by. This stuff I havn't seen before but looks promising http://charcoalcowboys.co.nz/.. Any better hardwood charcoal than what's available would be great!

Blow torch. Seriously we just switched from gas to Charcoal and invested in a small blow torch. No problems :-)

Have you tried bamboo charcoal?

We just bought a Weber Go Anywhere charcoal bbq.. woot woot! And had the first barbie last Saturday - I LOVE it. Used the coconut husk charcoal from Pak n Sav... not too bad! Will be trying with Manuka wood chips this weekend

Question, when heating up charcoal in the beginning, if you're just piling it up (not using chimney), how do you sustain the fire? I find my fire starter burning out rather quickly.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by breeze View Post
    We just bought a Weber Go Anywhere charcoal bbq.. woot woot! And had the first barbie last Saturday - I LOVE it. Used the coconut husk charcoal from Pak n Sav... not too bad! Will be trying with Manuka wood chips this weekend

Question, when heating up charcoal in the beginning, if you're just piling it up (not using chimney), how do you sustain the fire? I find my fire starter burning out rather quickly.

Love it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123