Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon.com

Default Amazon.com

Hi - I'm after some new wii games, and as they seem to be about twice the price in NZ compared to the UK, am considering placing an order off shore.

Has anyone used amazon for NZ deliveries? By the time I factor in P&P will I really be saving much?

Or are there some other sites I should consider?

Thanks,

Lou

Is the Wii regionless? If not, the games might not work. But I assume you have this part worked out.

There is also the possibility that you will be charged GST on the item that you import. I think the rule is over $50.

I am sure someone with more info will be along soon.

If it were from the US amazon.com, I would guess that a game would be about $10-15 in postage. I have no idea on the UK however.
    Last edited by GrumpyGoat; 21st January 2010 at 02:15 PM.

I am not sure, but as far as I know, amazon.com does not send pc- games out of the US..., so the same might go for wii?

Used Amazon UK to send over a mobile phone for $150 less than here including postage

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-and-Lou View Post
    Hi - I'm after some new wii games, and as they seem to be about twice the price in NZ compared to the UK, am considering placing an order off shore.

Has anyone used amazon for NZ deliveries? By the time I factor in P&P will I really be saving much?

Or are there some other sites I should consider?

Thanks,

Lou
    For Amazon UK...

Delivery Destinations
    PC & Video Games, Toys & Games and Software items and accessories

United Kingdom (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales), Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland (Republic of), Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
    So no, can't order Wii games for delivery to NZ.

Ian

That suxs. I live on Amazon. WOW! how will I live. Have anyone tried a freight forwarder? I use one for my APO address, I am sure there has got to be one for international shipments.

2nd hand from EB Games?

Quote Originally Posted by Kewlest View Post
    That suxs. I live on Amazon. WOW! how will I live. Have anyone tried a freight forwarder? I use one for my APO address, I am sure there has got to be one for international shipments.
    Only way round it is to find a friend/relative in the UK who can accept the delivery and forward it on.

I do this all the time with my parents and have never been charged duty on anything

If you order Wii games from Amazon.com, they'll be in NTSC format and won't work in your Wii which will be PAL format.

Why not try http://www.cdwow.co.nz/ ? They have free shipping and pricing in NZ Dollars. Everything there should be in PAL format unless specified otherwise. PC games are really cheap. Not sure about Wii.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon&Candy View Post
    If you order Wii games from Amazon.com, they'll be in NTSC format and won't work in your Wii which will be PAL format.

Why not try http://www.cdwow.co.nz/ ? They have free shipping and pricing in NZ Dollars. Everything there should be in PAL format unless specified otherwise. PC games are really cheap. Not sure about Wii.
    Thanks for that, a newer version of a Wii game was $10 cheaper than I paid from Fishpond Didn't realise there was one out here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast