Thread: Shipping Breadmaker from UK

Default Shipping Breadmaker from UK

Does anyone know what is the best way to ship a breadmaker? We are looking for a Panasonic Breakmaker. We can of course get a used one from Trademe. However the price has gone ridiculously high because Panasonic does not sell them in AUS or NZ anymore. I can ask someone to buy for me in UK, but need expert advice RE shipping mode. Thanks

Why pay a huge price to get one shipped that should it go wrong you wont be able to ge it serviced when you could get a make out here? I bought a Breville ultimate oven & it's great, others have used other models & they have great results too, there's a huge thread on here if you need it about bread makers, may make you change your mind

Default breadmaker

I had a panasonic for years until I got sick of replacing the paddle bearing all the time! I went to the warehouse and bought a cheapo and it has been better than the panasonic, I think it cost me $75 on sale.

Just wanted to point out that many of the breadmakers on the market in NZ are hideously expensive to repair or get serviced. I'm really into baking bread as many of you have probably gathered from my previous bread threads....my last breadmaker was a breville, bought in NZ. Like most, it was a variation of the models sold in France. Not long after I purchased it, I enquired about obtaining an extra pan and paddle.....turns out spare parts had to be shipped from France, to Oz before reaching an 'approved servicing agent' in NZ. It was almost as many $ for a spare paddle and pan as the breadmaker cost in the first place so I didn't bother in the end.

Personally if it is significantly cheaper to get one purchased from Argos etc in UK and get shipped over then I would bite the bullet and buy one, accepting that it will last as long as it lasts.

As for shipping, try these guys:

parcels2go.com
    0870 121 2101

They are WAY cheaper than Royal Mail/Parcel Force/Fedex etc....my MIL has used them for the last 3 years and everything she has posted (largish boxes) have been delivered within a week of leaving her house (courier pick up and delivery)....some things have taken 48 hours door to door

Hmm... maybe I should buy a spare paddle and pan for our Panasonic breadmaker before we go... I love it

Thanks everyone, I will defitely consider getting another make here.

They quite often turn up on Trademe, being the kind of thing that often gets offloaded once the initial novelty has worn off.

People even list knackered ones for spares:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living...-267401661.htm

We have a Sunbeam Quantum Smartbake, bought here in NZ.

Naff name - but good machine. It's Aussie I think so servicing should be OK if it needs it.

We have had it for about 2 years and I guess we use it about twice a month. No problems so far.

I wouldn't ship anything here that is not already available - servicing etc is just a nightmare.

Also they seem to have so many people clipping the ticket on every product that comes in that it just adds hassle, cost and confusion. I needed some parts for one of my rifles and was told straight out by Steyr Mannlicher's NZ agent that the things I wanted were not available as aftermarket bits.

I emailed Steyr in Austria who said "of course they are available - we'll sort the importer out for you!" - that's just one example of the nonsense that you have to live with. They get very surprised when you do things like that - going direct to the source seems to be very unexpected!

Sticking with simple things usually works best here, I have found!

Replacement parts for our Panasonic breadmaker are really expensive in the UK. Currys Partmaster had the paddle at £16.99 and the bucket is £43.99, both plus P&P, though I'm sure they can be found cheaper. A new Panasonic SD255 breadmaker is available from Amazon UK for £94.95 with free P&P, which is not much more when you add P&P to the parts. It might make more sense to buy one in NZ that you can buy cheaper spares for.