Thread: Cost of Bigger Furniture in NZ?

Default Cost of Bigger Furniture in NZ?

Hi Guys...

Currently working through what to take and not take....

We are thinking of buying new Fridge Freezer and Sofa (Leather) to take with us.... any thoughts? Are these things typically cheaper or more expensive in NZ?

With the exchange rate as poor as it is at present, and the sales on here in UK, thought it may be better to buy now and ship out...

Cheers,

Ed.

We bought sofas in the UK ready to export partly for cost and partly due to the lack of choice over there (unless you are wanting to recreate a 1970s theme house for design reasons).

Soi long as they are for personal use and are USED in the uk before export then I don't think there is any import issue. But make sure they are used and not still in the original boxes or you may be asked to pay import duty on them.

we bought dining table & chairs (they were on sale!) & bedside lockers (to match our dresser & chest of drawers) for the trip & I'm a little sorry I didn't put more furniture in the container, mainly due to the choice & styles not tying in with the furniture we did bring.

you may want to check out what is on offer re: fridge / freezers in NZ - have a look at Bond & Bond or Mitre 10. (there's also Dick Smith, Smith City & Harvey Norman)

Furniture - less choice & more expensive in NZ (than UK at least).

Depending on the size of the furniture and fridge freezer (and where you are planning on living) it may not fit! In our current flat we could only get a fridge that was 5 feet tall because that's all space allowed!