Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6th Annual Demographia International Housing Affordability Survey

Default 6th Annual Demographia International Housing Affordability Survey

Thought some might find this interesting.

The 6th Annual Demographia International Housing Affordability Survey expands coverage to 272 markets in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States.

http://www.fcpp.org/publication.php/3153

Vancouver has world's least affordable housing: report
    Last edited by Addicted to NZ; 28th January 2010 at 05:55 AM.

I'm not surprised to see Vancouver in the report, but I'm surprised that it's #1.

Sorry I should have added in the rate housing affordability catagories -

Crazy to think Vancouver is over 9 times the average income.
    Last edited by Addicted to NZ; 28th January 2010 at 06:54 AM.

Christchurch, NZ more expensive than Edinburgh, SCO??? Hmmm......

I'm definitely not surprised to see Bournemouth, UK on that list, especially if it includes parts of Poole (next door, with some of the most ridiculously expensive houses in Europe).

Seeing it ranked as #7 is a shock, but since we have a house here and Chch is lower... maybe this is good move after all!

Quote Originally Posted by sophiedb View Post
    I'm definitely not surprised to see Bournemouth, UK on that list, especially if it includes parts of Poole (next door, with some of the most ridiculously expensive houses in Europe).

Seeing it ranked as #7 is a shock, but since we have a house here and Chch is lower... maybe this is good move after all!
    So are you selling your mansion in Sandbanks then Sophie?

My daughter was in a school class with a girl whose family had one of those famous houses on Sandbanks, and was invited to a party there when she was 12. I told her it was bound to be in-your-face impressive, and to try not to look too amazed. When I went to fetch her, I was invited in for a drink, and had to work very hard not to let my jaw drop.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    My daughter was in a school class with a girl whose family had one of those famous houses on Sandbanks, and was invited to a party there when she was 12. I told her it was bound to be in-your-face impressive, and to try not to look too amazed. When I went to fetch her, I was invited in for a drink, and had to work very hard not to let my jaw drop.
    My family's old business fitted most of the garage doors and automatic gates to those homes, as well as Canford Cliffs etc. Every so often we could sneak along to a job (I was the admin director for several years) and yes, there was some boggling involved

Some of them even get demolished and rebuilt every 10 years or so, just to keep up with the owners' whims or latest designs. Lunatic... but profitable for us! (until dad decided he wanted to retire, and I wasn't so enchanted with garage doors that I wanted to be a true successor.. so we sold up and now I have a crabby lil p/t job with the council... ho hum)

Quote Originally Posted by langers View Post
    So are you selling your mansion in Sandbanks then Sophie?
    Why yes, one is selling one's abode It's a few miles northwest of Sandbanks and you can see the sea if you climb on the roof and dangle off the tv aerial. Interested?

Oh, right... Small world, eh? Do you remember "Pieces of Eight", the octagonal house? - it was that one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast