Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Removal company from Australia ?

Default Removal company from Australia ?

Any recommendation of freight companies for shipping from Australia (Perth) to NZ (Auckland)?

Hello and welcome.

Sounds like your in a similar boat to us love NZ (no pun intended ). My partner and I are planning to move over to Nelson from Perth around mid to late April (depending when we can sell the house).

My sister in law works with a freight company here in Perth so will most likely get her to help us out with that side of things but I did notice an advert for personal effects shipping into NZ in a Kiwi paper. I'll say now I haven't heard anything about them other than the advert but looking at their website they may be a contender. Their website is very dated and simple but hopefully its of some use. Heres a link to their info about shipping personal effects: http://newzealandshipping.co.nz/Pers...ects/Index.htm

Let me know how you go.

Cheers

Tim

Nice to hear from someone in Perth...Tim Thanks for ur advice..will give NZ shipping website a try...Anyway we just got a quote from a company called "Grace Removals" (has a office in Perth).Doesn't really know anything more about them other than the info at their website...If anyone had good or bad experience with this company pls share your story. Thanks.

Iam still waiting to hear from someone who have used "Grace Removals" in the past. thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Love NZ View Post
    Iam still waiting to hear from someone who have used "Grace Removals" in the past. thanks in advance
    Grace removals have been around in Australia for years now. I have never used them but i can assume they do a good job because they have been around for so long and advertise quite a lot. I would say that if they weren;t much good they would have been out of business by now.

Gosh, we've got a fair trickle of Australian's heading this way!

We moved over from Perth in January last year. We had quotes from a whole bunch of places and due to the economic downturn they were all trying to undercut each other's prices.

We ended up going with the company that provided the cheapest quote from the start. Chess Removals. We found them to be top notch and the guys who picked up our stuff were fantastic. Incredibly professional and had our entire house packed and loaded in one morning. Nothing was damaged in transit at all.

The guys that picked our stuff up said they were employees of the company, not contractors like some other firms. One guy had been with the company for 15 years.

The company that unloaded for us over here, I can't remember the name but they're mentioned a lot on the forum were fine. Not quite as good as Chess, but nice guys and nothing was damaged.

I can let you know (roughly) what it cost us to bring a container over if you want to send me a PM.

Glad to hear that about Chess Vicked as we will most likely be using them. We are getting the shipping sorted through my sister in law but we found out they outsource the removal part with Chess Removals. Having not heard of them I was bit worried about how good they would be but after googling them and listening to your review it does make me a bit more confident they'll do a good job.

Did you get them in beforehand to give you an estimate on costs and what size container you'll need etc.?

Hi Tim,

Yep, we had them come out and give an estimate of container size and cost.

The guy who quoted said we would just squeeze into the large container (can't remember the size, maybe 30 foot? He said there were two sizes and we would just make it into the larger.) We had a few other companies tell us we would be just over the large container and may need a second container.

In the end I negotiated with Chess to cap the price at one container and if it didn't fit, then it would be there cost to send the second container. We got it all in one container, fitted perfectly. The guys who packed it did a great job.

We had paid to have all our goods packed, so we had 3 guys come out. Two guys packed while one loaded. They basically have giant rolls of bubble wrap that they wrap EVERYTHING in, and I mean everything. Make sure you confirm that the removalists at the other end will remove the packing materials, or you'll be left with a whole load of bubble wrap.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast