Thread: Duty Free Shopping

Default Duty Free Shopping

Hello,
    I will be flying to AKL via SIN and SYD, and I was wondering where the Duty Free Shopping will be better. Cigarettes, a new mobile, maybe a bottle of liquor. Any experiences with any of the DF Shops? Or maybe Europe is cheaper anyway, which I doubt big time :-)

Hmm, a year ago we were going to meet friends in Vietnam and we flew through SYD and SIN. If I'm not mistaken, SYD was ok for champagne but we thought we'd wait until SIN -- which turned out to be pretty expensive and didn't buy it.

Anyway, check in advance that you can get the booze through the security or have an option to put it in the checked luggage.

you can buy with DFS online: http://www.dfs.co.nz/dfsexpress/division/home/home.do - I haven't used this service, but might give you an idea of the prices. If you are flying into Auckland international, I know you can purchase 'duty free' on arrival before you clear immigration & customs - I assume Christchurch Airport is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDan View Post
    Hello,
    I will be flying to AKL via SIN and SYD, and I was wondering where the Duty Free Shopping will be better. Cigarettes, a new mobile, maybe a bottle of liquor. Any experiences with any of the DF Shops? Or maybe Europe is cheaper anyway, which I doubt big time :-)
    Sydney would be better... anyway, I can suggest you not to buy a cellular there... that are cheap stuff in NZ and you won't have connectivity problems...

Good luck in yor NZ adventure...

I hope I can travel there soon

And don't forget that very often, too often really, duty free shopping isn't any cheaper than shopping in an ordinary store.

Quote Originally Posted by petri View Post
    And don't forget that very often, too often really, duty free shopping isn't any cheaper than shopping in an ordinary store.
    that is true