Thread: School decile rankings.

Default School decile rankings.

Hi,can anyone explain to me how this system works? !0 is the highest and 1 is the lowest,is that correct? What does this actually mean? School donations are compulsory also right?

You might find this helpful http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25684

There are other posts too but as I started this it's the only one I can lay my hands on so try a search to see other ones as it's been talked about a lot I think

Quote Originally Posted by Georgebulldog View Post
    You might find this helpful http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25684

There are other posts too but as I started this it's the only one I can lay my hands on so try a search to see other ones as it's been talked about a lot I think
    Thank you George

I have just written the cheques for the 'voluntary' donation, and the stationary, there was also a $25 PE fee for the upkeep of the gym equipment!

Default 10

Quote Originally Posted by oz2010 View Post
    Hi,can anyone explain to me how this system works? !0 is the highest and 1 is the lowest,is that correct? What does this actually mean? School donations are compulsory also right?
    10 is highest, 1 is lowest. Refers to economic status of families... how rich or poor. School donations are not compulsory, but they need them to run the schools so they push real hard. Just pay them and be happy.

The decile ranking really has NOTHING to do with the quality of the school. Think of it as the "snobbiness" rating.
    We left a decile 10 school and moved to a decile 7 and have been VERY happy with the decision.

If you are interested in the quality of the school, read the ERO report.

In fairness GG, 7 is still pretty high.

Long Bay College and Rangitoto are both decile 10 schools where I live. But everyone here prefers Rangitoto due to the school's curriculum and achievements. Still I wouldn't put too much stock on decile- the only thing certain is the higher the decile the more you are paying "voluntarily".

Quote Originally Posted by Kanga View Post
    In fairness GG, 7 is still pretty high.
    But it is a nice mix--with about half of the school being decile 10 and the other half being decile 5!!
    And there is more diversity across the board--not just socio economic.
    And we have an excellent ERO report--which, after volunteering in classes, is well deserved.