Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Digital SLR camera

I guess I meant all the range in terms of volume of sales. I can't imagine that 1D and 5D sales were that high compared to the xx0d and x0Ds. And I'd agree that wheras I'd always hankered for a 5D and nearly bought one when I got the second 30D, I'd probably got for the 7D if I had to updgrade now.

Anyway, enough of this canon nerd talk the poor lads gone and got himself a Nikon, and so we're onto either Nikon tips or general photo tips now.

Quote Originally Posted by John Z View Post
    Speaking as a semi-professional photographer... (Hi Kiwi Mac ;-) )

Because lenses, especially good lenses, are very expensive it is an utter waste of money when you can't use them anymore with the od new edition (more pixels...) of every brand (including Canon and Nikon) every few years.

And only for that reason I stick to Nikon.
    Good point. I have a 24 year old 18mm that I use on my D3 regularly.

It flares badly in direct sun because the lens coatings were not as developed then, but in good conditions it delivers outstanding images.

There's always a whole heap of old Nikkor manual focus lenses to choose from and they are really cheap these days. Most are built like tanks and, especially for static subjects, manual focus is no problem even without a good split prism focus screen. (the rangefinder in modern DSLRS is OK as an aid but for MF I personally prefer the old type of screen)

Aperture 3 is DEFINITELY coming soon!

I just had a software update to the OS on my Mac that "provides compatibility with the browser in Aperture 3"!!

Hurrah!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Mac View Post
    Aperture 3 is DEFINITELY coming soon!

I just had a software update to the OS on my Mac that "provides compatibility with the browser in Aperture 3"!!

Hurrah!!
    In fact it is now available! I have ordered the upgrade and am downloading the trial as I type.

First report: A massive improvement, especially if you have a good platform for it.

Fully leverages multi core processors and so on so is much faster and smoother than earlier versions. Far better controls and UI with lots of really useful features. Very pleased so far.

My test shot attached - I covered the State Visit of the King & Queen of Spain last year. This was shot at Parliament.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Mac View Post
    In fact it is now available! I have ordered the upgrade and am downloading the trial as I type.
    "Shipped on: Feb 10, 2010 via syncreon Netherlands BV POST" waiting for mine as well.. I decided to skip the trial as I don't want to mess my existing Aperture and the upgrade code won't activate the trial ;-(

A pity Apple doesn't offer a downloadable upgrade.

Canon S90/G11, Leica D-Lux 4 and Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1/GH1/LX3 owners are also happy to have finally support for their cameras.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456