Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Sarcoidosis - app deferred for 3months

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    56

    Exclamation Sarcoidosis - app deferred for 3months

    I posted a while ago and everyone was really positive and helpful.
    We have applied for PR skilled migrant with myself having a teaching job offer, unfortunately my husband was diagnosed from the medical xray with SARCOIDOSIS.
    This process started back in NOV with the medicals by the time we had consultant reports, CT scan and blood results we finally submitted our app in JAN.
    We got a co very quickly who is absolutely fab, Richards medicals were sent straight to a ma who sent back requesting 3 month deferral to await lung function test and integral xray showing whether the condition had progressed, remained static or regressed.
    Richard had already progress within 2 weeks as stated on the 2nd letter sent from the consultant stating blood results back to normal range and no treatment was deemed necessary as he was otherwise very fit and healthy still showing no symptoms.
    I was upset that the ma did not accept this from the consultant as progression. My main concern is that next week when Richard has his next xray if it is still showing any signs of sarcoidosis on his lungs will the ma automatically reject. Surely if he has remained static or even progressed slightly but still not totally clear on xray the ma would have to accept as he is not receiving any treatment.
    I was wondering if we got the deferral due to Richards condition being newly diagnosed.

    I have not found anyone with sarcoidosis on the review board for a medical waiver, i have also traced 2 people with the same condition through this site that were passed !!
    Can anyone offer any more advice ?
    Thanks Sarah

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    35,995

    Default

    I've just posted you an answer on the other thread.

    Don't prejudge the issue and go worrying about things before time - you may well have to do nothing but sit back and let the official wheels turn. (I know that's easier said than done. The whole emigration process is full of 'hurry up and wait', though.)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Hi JandM (I have posted this on other thread also)
    Thanks for your very informative response, we have already seen a chest specialist who stated in the letter no treatment necessary, bloods were back to a normal level. She requested a full lung function test and for Rchard to be reviewed.
    The ma is waiting to see the results from this lung function test and the next xray. Aslong as his condition has not worsened and his review from the consultant on feb16th still states no treatment necessary do you think the ma will give the ok.
    However i am on the understanding even if Richard should need treatment aslong as it is with Predisone he is still acceptable within appendix 10.
    Thanks for your help

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NZ - Hibiscus Coast
    Posts
    635

    Default

    Hi Sarah,

    Sorry to hear of the troubles you are going through, I know from experience how stressful it can be !

    It is very difficult for anyone to predict what a MA is going to do. I do know from experience though, that the wording of letters or reports from Specialists is vitally important. Anything even mildly ambiguous in a letter/report could cause the MA to come back either requesting more information, or a waiting time to see how a condition or illness progresses.

    I believe from our experiences that MA's are looking for as much certainty as they can get, sometimes more than is really logically possible as none of us can predict the future and Specialists are often (understandably) careful in stating certainties in their letters and reports. Unfortunately this can work against us when dealing with MA's.

    If you have a good contact with the specialist in question, do discuss this issue and try to make them understand how vitally important the wording in their letters/reports are, it might help.

    Best of luck with your case, I hope you get a positive response soon !

    Cheers,
    Silver

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poole, UK to Chch, NZ
    Posts
    2,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverwing86 View Post
    If you have a good contact with the specialist in question, do discuss this issue and try to make them understand how vitally important the wording in their letters/reports are, it might help.
    Agreed! When I asked my consultant for a letter during a check-up, I also gave him the request in writing because I'd spent the previous night looking up anything in the Ops Manual etc that the MA would be checking for. The consultant then wrote a letter meeting every point, and included some relevant test results.

    That said, I haven't heard back from the MA yet

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •