Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Plug adabtors/multi socket in Chch

Default Plug adabtors/multi socket in Chch

Does anyone know where I can get ideally a UK multisocket plug or UK->NZ power adaptors. We've got two adaptors we bought over from UK - but it's not enough.

Pretty sure Dick Smith do them, otherwise the shops at the airport.

Would highly recommend Korjo Adapter

On special at the moment from Dick Smith but also sold at other outlets such as Bunnings.

Ian

I'm pretty sure I've got a spare UK 4-way plug strip. You'd need to put a flex and an NZ plug on it but it's yours if you want it.

Also just to add, if you are using travel adapters then check on what power they can take, many are only meant to be used for short periods of time on low powered devices. It is very easy to use them on something that they weren't intended for and cause a fire risk.

The adapter that I posted above is very high quality (IMHO) and is rated at the full 10A.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by IanW99 View Post
    Would highly recommend Korjo Adapter
    I agree with Ian on the Korjo - definitely the best of the ones we've had. They're also sold at Mitre 10 for $13.37 according to their web site.

If you are staying here then it's probably worth just swapping the plugs over, should only take a few minutes to rewire a plug and would be cheaper (and easier) in the long term. Looks tidier as well!

Quote Originally Posted by ricky1981 View Post
    If you are staying here then it's probably worth just swapping the plugs over, should only take a few minutes to rewire a plug and would be cheaper (and easier) in the long term. Looks tidier as well!
    I haven't bothered rewiring too many of our plugs. For things like the TV / DVD / Music system / computer there are a large number of UK plugs in a small area so it made the most sense to keep the UK plugs (due to them being superior in every way) and plug them into a UK multi-plug adaptor (of which we had many). Then it is simply a case of changing one plug on the end of the adaptor and you have a tidy system with minimal work and cost!

Quote Originally Posted by TimAck View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get ideally a UK multisocket plug or UK->NZ power adaptors. We've got two adaptors we bought over from UK - but it's not enough.
    Hey there,

As others have mentioned, Dick Smith's will surely have what you looking for. The Dick Smith's in Riccarton is the biggest one on the South Island (so we have been told) so I am so they will have them. Also, if you want other choices other than Dick Smith's, there is Bond and Bond, Bunnings (we go to the one on Blenheim Road), Global PC, maybe Noel Leeming? But for sure, Dick Smith's.

Good luck with your search.

iirc, the ones at Dick Smith are @ $15 for one and $20 for two.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast