Thread: MA timeframe complaine

Angry MA timeframe complaine

Hello.

From February, we are in stand by because of MA report (see my signature).
    Frankly, I think that is unacceptable.
    My CO, told me yesterday, that he hasn't any news from the MA, and he don't know when he will have some news.

In my opinion, this is to much. And I'm not mad at my CO, I am mad at MA and this system, that give him (MA) wright to make his own roules in this process.

I whant to make complaine, to them (London Branch) with this problem. Do you thing this could affect our application? If YES, PLEASE STOP ME !!

I need to do something, and I don't know what .
    Our life is complicated know, and we need to know something concret with this proces. We whant very much to go in NZ as soon as possible, this is our dream.And this medical history affect us very much.

Thank you for support!!

I wish you all to not need to go to MA.

Alina

Harsh reality check time.

First, look through the other posts and you'll see that the timeframe for MA referals is long. Not saying it's right, but what you are seeing is not specific to you. There's only so many MA's and it takes time. Now you could argue that they should emply more, but then that costs more, and so fees would need to go up, etc etc.

Second. Would complaining be detremental to your chances? Clearly in theory no. But I can't see how it would help your decision, and being absolutely brutally honest then I don't think you should be writing to your CO before the decision should the above be an example of your written English as that may set off some alarm bells. I don't mean to be rude in saying this, just being honest and hopefully giving you a warning to be very careful. I admit your English is leagues ahead of my Romanian, but I'm not relying on someone accepting that I can work and live in a country where Romanian is the sole language.

There's not a lot else to say really, it's a common issue and one that in most cases is a test of patience, but not a lot else can be done.

First , I know my English is not to good, but my husband is the principal applicant and, he is the one who is in touch with our CO. I could try to be more careful in writing, but writing at work and even, I thought it does not matter so much, as long as you understand me what I want to communicate. I will not write at all.

And second, you have wright about MA. Is is only frustrating, I hoped to find communication here. It seems I was wrong!

I apologize for the inconvenience and English.
    Good luck!

Alina
    Last edited by bbotalina; 22nd June 2010 at 10:23 PM.

Hi Alina

I'm afraid Duncan is right

Do not complain. It never helps

Lots of us are treading water awaiting the whims of the MA

It's very frustrating as we know that the whole plan of moving involves putting the stages in place one at a time and none of us can move on until blue stickers arrive

Be patient but I'm sure nobody will mind you having a rant

Francis

You HAVE communicated. But I fear you are not going to get the answer you would like to hear.

This situation, as Duncan says, is NOT personal to you. Hundreds of people must be going through it at the same time. All those people must be equally frustrated with the waiting. It is human nature to think/feel, 'But I shouldn't have to wait - I know I'm okay, and it's obvious I'm a good person and telling the truth so I should go straight through,' but it's NOT obvious to a stranger with a set official procedure to follow, and as a result, EVERY CASE must be checked, and we all have to wait our turn with all the other people probably thinking just the same.

I need to do something, and I don't know what .
    Our life is complicated know, and we need to know something concret with this proces.
    Sorry, but you don't NEED to do or know anything - you WANT to. In other words, you are in the same situation as all the rest of those waiting. Everyone will understand that you are expressing your feelings, but nobody has a magic wand that puts the answer in your hand NOW, just because of strong feelings.

There is nothing useful you can do. Nothing at all. The MA does NOT make the rules. To think so and to say so is unfair to them. The MA is an official, working his/her way through each person's case according to a set procedure decided by the NZ government. Each MA has a stack of cases, each one a person waiting, just like you are. When the MA finishes with one file, there are dozens more waiting. When s/he has dealt with those, there will be more, and so on, and so on. One of these times, the file on the desk will be yours, and then your reply will come.

MA is really frustrating. My MA process, back and forth, took at least 6 months, only for them to say no. Every time they ask for more info it takes another couple of months to decide again. If you last submitted information in the middle of May (from the info in your signature, unless I miss understood), you might have another month to wait. There is really not much you can do.

Good luck!

Alina hun, I've been waiting since December 2009 - I know how you feel and then some.

I feel like complaining officially too, to tell them that they need to get their act together, but I know it's not the MA's fault or my CO's. It's the system. Once I have my visa (because it *will* happen) and am in NZ, maybe I'll complain. I certainly rant to friends, family and colleagues enough, but this wait is only what the system demands. Not the wait itself, but the checking process that creates the wait.

If I wanted preferential treatment, I would be a hypocrite because I know that there are reasons for these checks. If I tried to bypass them, I would be guilty of trying to subvert a logical system. I would prefer that they had more MAs to hand, but as Duncan says this would push the fees up, which would mean that more potential migrants might not be able to afford to apply at all. We're caught between a rock and a hard place.

This does not mean that I like the wait and enjoying hanging on tenterhooks for months on end, living in a house that we've already sold (thankfully to my parents..), husband made redundant (spent 3 months unemployed, then 3 months working miles from home, now finally found something closer..) and a daughter who keeps pointing to planes and saying "I want go Noo Zeeeland to see my MumMum now mummy!" (MumMum being her paternal gran)

I have to take a deep breath and remind myself that I'm lucky to be able apply for this visa via partnership (I certainly wouldn't get in based on my own skills or nationality). I also do not have to pay for all this extra checking - we've paid the same fee as anyone else, no extra despite 3 referrals to the MA now! And despite the uncertainty, I am lucky to have a wonderful husband, a mostly wonderful daughter and a nice home in which to twiddle my thumbs.

Things could be far worse. Far, far worse.

Alina, look at my location!
    I never had any problem with MA (I can only assume it is the medical assessment), but the whole process was long for me too (10 months). They fisrt declined my EOI, they accepted it later after giving some explanation regarding my work experience, they asked for more tons of papers after submitting my ITA, then more evidence of the relationship and work experience, original documents instead of the certified ones and so on .
    It is not easy, but I advise you to be patient, not complain and keep being polite to them every time you write. They do have a strict set of rules but they are not mean, overall my experience was a positive one and with a happy end . I wish you the same thing!
    Everyone here is just trying to help and share experiences, let me know if I can help you with anything as we are both still residing in the same country.