Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WTR - how to get multiple entry visa

Default WTR - how to get multiple entry visa

All - This is my first time to write here, but would like to show my truely appreciations to the active folks here as I can find so much useful information by regularly reading through the threads.

Not sure if this is a good news, but I have just got the WTR visa (under SMC) last month, and now I am planning to arrive in New Zealand with my wife and a 2 year old baby in early April. This indeed is a challenges as I do expect to a direct PR.

I know some of the folks here has similar cases, and I would like to raise up a question regarding WTR (under SMC) visa holders. Since the visa is single entry, does anyone know how to get a multiple entry visa after arrival in New Zealand? And what is the criterias?

Based on the letter from my case officer, I can apply for a multiple entry work visa valid for the same period of time as my work permit.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by bradyz; 11th February 2010 at 06:29 PM.

Hello and welcome. Congratulations on your WTR.

I hope someone will come along shortly with the information you're looking for. (If you need to know urgently, you could email your CO and ask her straight out how to do this.)

Come on JandM you know you want to answer this one. Right up your street about permits and visas

I did write to my CO for this question, both via telephone and email. But I still cannot get a straightaway answers. I was told to refer to the Work Visa application guideline. But from the guideline I don't see which policy I can apply to. The Work to Resident policy under the Work VIsa category is totally not the one I am having.

As a start for others to correct me on, then I assume it would be simmilar to the RRV that you'd have got with straight PR, in that it is renewed each time you enter within the 9 months your WTR is valid for. Based purely on logic, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    Come on JandM you know you want to answer this one. Right up your street about permits and visas

My GUESS is the same as yours, Duncan, but I haven't ever seen anyone mention this exact situation, so I don't know, and I can't find the answer on NZIS either. I think we'll have to hope IanW99 turns up with the goods.

IanW99
    Moderator Join Date: May 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by girlwithanewf
    yes, we have got WTR visas and they are multiple entries. From what I remember there is a section on the form where you have to write if you need this and why. We just put for work purposes/visiting family.

Did you just apply for WTR or did you apply for PR and was offered WTR instead?

The OP is asking about the PR->WTR version of WTR.

When the applicant is offered WTR instead they do need to fill in a WTR application form, is this the same standard WTR form, or is it another one specifically for PR->WTR applications? If it is the former, then agreed there is a tick box to request multiple entry visa.

Ian

I got the same single entry WTR->PR as you do on May 2009.
    What I did is, when I come to NZ, I visit one of the NZIS office and ask for a multiple entry WTR->PR.
    They asked me for the reason for requesting an multiple entries. I explained to them about my traveling plan in christmas holiday. Then they print a new label for me without any charges.

I don't that I can ask for a multiple entries before. I ask my CO in Beijing office and he told me so.

Quote Originally Posted by bradyz View Post
    All - This is my first time to write here, but would like to show my truely appreciations to the active folks here as I can find so much useful information by regularly reading through the threads.

Not sure if this is a good news, but I have just got the WTR visa (under SMC) last month, and now I am planning to arrive in New Zealand with my wife and a 2 year old baby in early April. This indeed is a challenges as I do expect to a direct PR.

I know some of the folks here has similar cases, and I would like to raise up a question regarding WTR (under SMC) visa holders. Since the visa is single entry, does anyone know how to get a multiple entry visa after arrival in New Zealand? And what is the criterias?

Based on the letter from my case officer, I can apply for a multiple entry work visa valid for the same period of time as my work permit.

Thanks in advance

Sekilau, this is very helpful information. So do you mean that you don't need to fill in any application forms, and provide any additional documentations for the multiple entry visa application? which NZIS office did you go to? And do they give you the new stamp immediately?

Thanks a lot for your information.

I am to apply WTR in few weeks time so could i ask my CO to print me a multiple entry Visa instead of single entry WTR straight away?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast