Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NZ V Aus

Default NZ V Aus

Just wondered if forumites who had lived in both NZ and Aus could list the pro's and con's of each ?
    cheers
    Gazza1000

This is such a wide open question that I have to ask one in return.

For whom?

What are your likes and dislikes? What stage of your life are you at? What career do you follow, and how do you hope to see it develop?

I had a go last year at comparing the lifestyles we enjoyed in both- maybe this thread might help you? http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24726

PS I was in Oz at the time so when reading the thread 'here' is 'there' iyswim!

Hi Kanga
    Thanks very much for that - just what i was looking for
    What made you decide to come back to NZ ? Do you still prefer it here ?
    We are a family of 4 ( 2 kids under 6 ) but a possible change in employment situations is making us consider what our options are if it all goes pearshaped and Aus seems to be attractive because of the larger number of better paid jobs - however have some reservations re possible more hectic / stressful lifestyle ( ala UK ) and more dangerous wildlife

Hi JandM

Wife is a senior nurse manager & me an experienced sales rep. Kids love outdoors / beach / playgrounds etc We are looking for long term as dont have any inclination to go back to UK - would like to be able to buy house here in NZ but cant afford to on current salaries and I would love to have a speedboat ! We feel that NZ has turned out to be far more expensive than we anticipated and eaten our savings up at an alarming rate so we are looking for financial stability long term

cheers
    Gazza1000
    Last edited by gazza1000; 14th February 2010 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza1000 View Post
    Hi Kanga
    Thanks very much for that - just what i was looking for
    What made you decide to come back to NZ ? Do you still prefer it here ?
    Why we came back is all in that thread if you read to the end.

Yes, for us for now we prefer it here- not going anywhere for a good few years as I start Uni in a weeks time but after that ... who knows?!

Hi Kanga

I read to the end of the thread but you were still in Aus and hadnt returned to NZ thats why I wondered
    Gazza1000

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by gazza1000 View Post
    ... dangerous wildlife
    Gazza, I reckon there's more risk of crashing your speedboat than suffering from any Australian wildlife.

Our Kiwi friends tend to exaggerate

Good luck with the big decision, have you considered working the northern Australian mines to cash-up first?

(Lifetime Aus resident, bitten only by native mosquitoes and leeches, only snow skied in NZ)

Hello. Do I guess you're not planning on moving over any time soon?

I honestly think you should spend some time in both countries before deciding which is better. No one can truly advice you which way or the other- in the end, everything boils down to what you want really.

Quote Originally Posted by eucryphia View Post
    Gazza, I reckon there's more risk of crashing your speedboat than suffering from any Australian wildlife.

Our Kiwi friends tend to exaggerate

Good luck with the big decision, have you considered working the northern Australian mines to cash-up first?

(Lifetime Aus resident, bitten only by native mosquitoes and leeches, only snow skied in NZ)
    Couldn't agree more. The dangerous wildlife is a urban myth. I would be more worried about the flies....If money is your priority there are more opportunities in Oz but if it is lifestyle i would pick Nz. That is why we are choosing to move to Nz. Be warned Melbourne is having 1000 a week moving there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast