Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police Certificates from Canada

Default Police Certificates from Canada

Hi All,

I discovered yesterday that getting police certificates is a much longer process than I anticipated. RCMP says it can take 120 days to process paper fingerprints. Does anyone have any experience with getting police certificates from Canada. Just wondering if it really will take this long. My job doesn't start until June 1, but of course my medical will expire May 2.

Cheers,
    Sheri

Hello and welcome. We have some members from Canada, so I hope you'll get some information soon.

I do not know why you would need finger prints. Just the regular RCMP certificate seems to be good enough for us! Cuts down processing time to three weeks (at least up here).

Hi i'm currently living in Vancouver and there's a place on Granville that does electronic fingerprinting - supposedly takes 72 hours to return results as opposed to the usual 120 days! www.policecheck.com they have places all over Canada. Haven't used them yet but going on Wednesday to get it done!

I'm from Vancouver and used this place on Howe Street: took a few days, and no fingerprints required unless your job is working with children, etc:

http://www.commissionaires.bc.ca/sit...ce-clearances/

LOL i was just about to post that link....it is really confusing the RCMP do say that you have to have fingerprints taken! what a money saving relief! xxxx

Can you submit your visa/residence application with the medical but without the police certificate so that your medical doesn't expire?

Quote Originally Posted by monkey View Post
    Can you submit your visa/residence application with the medical but without the police certificate so that your medical doesn't expire?
    Yes, that is exactly what we did while waiting for our Canadian police checks to come through. The RCMP clearance came through in a month...miraculously.

The RCMP link on the INZ page about Police Certificates for Canada now goes directly to the Civil Fingerprint Screening Services page - just changed today.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../cd/canada.htm

I guess that answers our questions

For all of you who don't live in Canada but need a Canadian Police Certificate in a relatively short period of time: I have been getting help from a couple of nice gentlemen at Canadian Commissionaires office in Ottawa. I can get fingerprints taken here (in Florida), send them to them and they will scan them into electronic fingerprints and then it can take as little as 72 hours. It's costs a whopping $200, but that's what I get for not doing it when I was home for Christmas and not paying attention to how long it can take through the RCMP. I could risk it and hope I get the results within 4 weeks, but I just don't know if it's worth it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast