Thread: www.NewJobZ.co.nz

Default www.NewJobZ.co.nz

I read of this company www.NewJobZ.co.nz. They charge a fee (paid by the job applicants or employees) for successful job placements. According to them it is guarantee job placement or money back guarantee.

Does anyone on this forum know of anyone who has used them successfully or unsuccessfully ? Any feedback about this company ? Are they reputable ? Their fees are high...

They do not charge the employers, so they are different from the normal recruitment agencies.

: :eek

Pre the big site crash last year there was a hefty discussion on this company - here's the thread (it's a bit messy at the top but it DOES load).

http://www.enz.org/forum/viewtopic.p...82fb1c6731534d

From what I can gather they charge a hefty amount with no guarantees - but do your own research as well as heeding what others have said on the thread.

Pre the big site crash last year there was a hefty discussion on this company - here's the thread (it's a bit messy at the top but it DOES load).

http://www.enz.org/forum/viewtopic.p...82fb1c6731534d

From what I can gather they charge a hefty amount with no guarantees - but do your own research as well as heeding what others have said on the thread.

Another previous thread that might prove useful:

http://www.enz.org/forums/viewtopic....64&start=0

Thanks Moorf.

Your links are just great !!

:P

When Andy was in Christchurch in October he met with them. Beforehand we'd taken the first step and received a casette and some books (at a fee ofcourse :? ).

From what I remember him telling me (he's at work at the moment so can't ask him) they came across very friendly and genuine - BUT it made good business sense to do so.

From the link Moorf has provided you with you'll see that employers DO pay - in the way of a percentage of salary. Also, they don't necessary only find you a job in your area of expertise / interest, it could be something you're not overly intersted in but they would then be able to say 'We found you a job, now give us our money' - if you know what I mean

We decided not to take things further with them, and embark on the jobhunt ourselves. As many threads have proven - if you explore all avenues, leave no stone unturned, put in a great deal of effort, it IS possible to find employment yourself

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

Babette

Quote Originally Posted by Babette & Andy
    As many threads have proven - if you explore all avenues, leave no stone unturned, put in a great deal of effort, it IS possible to find employment yourself
    Well said, Babette

Aug & Feb, SUCCESS AND BEST OF LUCK WITH JOB SEARCHING

I would never pay anyone to find me a job, crikey its not that hard to find a job in NZ just look through the NZherald see a job you fancy email the company and take it from there , I contacted 3 companies this way last week no CV just an email stating whats what I have had 2 replies one job was already filled but they are coming to UK in july and would like me to pop in and see them with view of me working for them when we get to NZ in august, the other people said for me to go and see them also when we arrive . How hard is that I have a list of 5 possible employers to visit when I'm ready to start work in NZ,(probably 4-6 weeks after we arrive when my tools get there)
    What did it cost a few emails :mrgreen:

Just thought I'd pick up on this one breifly.

I've recently used these guys SUCCESSFULLY to find me a job. Although I never needed to put their money back guarantee to the test, they have been very helpful and useful to me all through the process.

I've been offered a very good job after just two telephone interviews (and not in IT or a 'required profession').
    Not only that, but now they've found me a job that I've accepted, they are bending over backwards to ensure I have everything set up that I need when I arrive in the country, which I could've (and already have in some cases) done myself, but all as part of the service they've organised all sorts of stuff including meeting us at the airport to help us get to our accomodation that they also set up for us with a contact (cheaper than we could find ourselves) post boxes etc. etc.

It's not for everyone, but I would recommend. If you want any more info let me know or I'm happy to receive a PM

Welcome to the forum Stevieboy

Very pleased for you that it's worked out using them, nobody's said they were a 'bad company to use', they have got a good record (as far as I'm aware). However, in many cases you are able to save yourself a LOT of money by doing the legwork yourself.

Hope it all works out for you (& family?) and that you can start living your dream soon. Let us all know how you get on

Babette