Thread: buying a car in auckland

Default buying a car in auckland

Hi all

We arrive in auckland on a saturday morning in may. We will then want to buy a second hand car as quickly as possible. Can anyone advise us of any good places to go?

Thanks
    Vicky

Hi Vicky,

One possibility is to go to Turners Auctions. Many report success in finding a decent car there, although I have no personal experience with this.

Another option is to visit Wairau Park, there are lots of car dealers close to each other there.

I also found this list of Auckland dealerships, not sure if it's helpful, but on the off chance that it is...

Make sure you check out the history of the vehicle before you buy (if there are any traffic tickets or other related outstanding/unpaid costs for the vehicle, you will be liable for them !), for instance at a site like Carjam or Lemon Check, and have an AA pre purchase vehicle inspection done if you can.

Another thing to look out for is whether the odometer has been tampered with, AA also offers a check for this. AA also offers Car and Vehicle Valuations to give an idea of the value of a car before purchasing it.

You may also find this previous thread, where Tia Maria has consolidated various threads on the forum on this topic, useful.

Good luck !

Cheers,
    Silver

Not much to add to Silverwing's excellent post apart from I can confim this is a reputable dealer - they have to be, as they sell to locals:

www.devcars.co.nz

However, they are small, so check out the website and pretty much what you see is what they have unless you ask them to order a Jap import on your behalf. You would be able to email them any questions in advance and they do allow test drives and accept offers.

The only downside is they are on the other side of the bridge - not sure if you would prefer somewhere nearer the airport - depending on how quickly you want to buy...

Cheers

Tia

Default Ezybuy

Does anybody have any comments/ experience on Ezybuy (www.ezybuy.co.nz)

Hi, We are in England, spent some time in NZ but unfortunately never made it back. Have got a car for sale - a Subaru Grand Wagon it's in Tauranga BOP. If you want any more details let me know. Cheers, Kevin.