Thread: Garage Sales in Auckland

Default Garage Sales in Auckland

We're looking for the best place to find information on garage sales in/around Auckland -

or info on people moving from NZ selling there things...

we just arrived from US and didn't bring as much as we probably should have in our container -

no idea it was so expensive and no Craigslist here

Looking for the odds and ends like coffee table, bookshelf, TV stand, Chest of drawers.

Thanks.

there seem to be signs for garage sales every other street around here...hillsborough...have you tried gumtree? or the local paper...we get the central leader around here.

the local paper on a friday has a huge section listing the local garage sales, also look at the noticeboards in local shops.

And of course search on trademe for moving overseas, give you heaps of stuff going for a song!

You can check the Howick and Pakuranga/Botany online through their website "http://www.times.co.nz/classifieds"

Have a look at trademe as well, you can get some nice stuff from it. Specially when the trader does not how to fit his stuff at the right category.

Hope I provide you useful info.

Ali

Trademe has been a mixed bag for me - partly because I'm used to Craigslist - easier b/c you don't have to bid (yes I know about the auto bidder) and there was a category for "free stuff" which Trademe obviously doesn't have.

You could also bargain directly w/ the seller without it being against policy... any suggestions for searching on trademe (especially when you say people that don't list there things in the right category).