Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 171819

Thread: Things that happen in NZ that wouldn't happen anywhere else ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gran View Post
    All our neighbours put out their rubbish bins and collect their newspapers in their PJs, they must think us odd!!
    I do the same thing at different times of day cos I do weird shifts, I think they must think I live in my bathrobe.

Although I don't live in NZ (yet ), I certainly noticed the little random acts of kindness. Coming from Germany, which is even more impersonal than the UK, it was a refreshing change.

Whilst on holiday, we were at Timaru airport having a look around and waiting for a flight from the aeroclub. I was leaning against a fence with my kids and on the fence was a sign saying "unauthorised access prohibited - Keep out!". We then saw a man gesticulating wildly to us. We couldn't hear him because of an engine running..and as I am used to the German mentality, I immediately assumed he was shouting at us to get away from the fence. I was just about to leave in a huff when my eldest said the man was waving. It then became clear that he was calling us over. So feeling like a little criminal, I took the kids through the gate expecting to get a good talking to. Turns out the guy had seen my kids, and since he was working on an experimental helicopter, he thought the kids might want to go and have a sit in it! We spent the next 20 mins looking around the aircraft, with the kids sitting in them and beaming from ear to ear.

This would never happen in Germany. Not in a million years.

It's the little things.

Guys - Thanks for all of you. You really giving greta experiences here. We here in Egypt are having the oppossit of everything good, specially these days when humans die for nothing and no one care or even try to fix the problem that caused the deaths. I am really excited to move to NZ more than AUSI or any place else, and your thread here is moving me more and more forward to have this day and be there among all of you

Quote Originally Posted by Hagabel View Post
    Coming back home after school run and saw a man on a bike, leading a horse trotting along side and dog on a lead rope right through the middle of Cambridge town!
    And you didn't get a foto? That's a meme just waiting to happen!

Accidentally taking a pen knife through customs in my hand luggage and the security guard helping me to post it back to my boyfriend in the UK.

Reversing into someone and them giving me a hug cause and saying "no worries, I'll clip that back in" when I offered to give him money for his bumper.

People you've known for twenty four hours offering for you to come and stay with them.

An 83 year old hand diving 13 feat for scallops and crayfish and giving them to you for helping him to work out him mobile phone online log in.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 171819