Thread: Pre-assessment result: "Not able to be assessed"

Default Pre-assessment result: "Not able to be assessed"

Hi everyone - Has this happened to anyone else? We got a NZQA Pre-Assessment and it came back very quickly, but said this:

"The Pre-assessment Result for your nominated qualification, Computer Programming Certificate awarded by North Carolina State University, is not able to assessed for a PAR due to lack of sufficient information available."

They then go on to assess OH's bachelor's degree - which we did not NEED (or ask) to have assessed because it is clearly in the approved list, just in the wrong subject area for ICT points. I filled out the PAR application fully, did not leave anything out. What should I do? I paid for a service and they told me they were "not able" to do it, so I should get a refund or at least some explanation of the information they need me to provide. I already emailed them and provided web links for the program. I should email the course list as well. Do I have any chance of forward progress here?

Thanks for any input!

I'd certainly ask for the reasons they couldn't do the PAR. I know that for the full assessment they need a lot of info, and critically the transcripts for the course showing your marks and subjects for all the courses that made up the overall qualification, that took some sorting for me. They also needed soem other syllabus informaition IIRC.

I wonder if it means that they can't do the 'express' PAR, but need to do a full assessment (that you'd need for ITA anyway).

Yes, I know the full assessment will be needed down the line, but if we aren't going to have enough points now then we'll have to adjust our plans. If the computer science degree does not qualify high enough, then we lose qualification bonus points but more importantly we lose the bonus points for work in a shortage area (ICT). He has 10+ years of software engineering experience in the US, but that does not count as ICT unless he also has a degree in that field, or so I understand it.

Without all those bonus points I think we'd be at 130, which is still OK - are those often pulled when they have skills shortage work experience (but no degree)? If so then we don't have to claim any points at all for his ICT qualification, which seems silly but may be our best option - then we would not need NZQA assessment at all.

Check on the NZIS website as it has a history of all the selections. I beleive that 130 point EOIs are frequently selected.

Well, I just emailed them all the coursework information (descriptions, grades, credit hours) and I'll see if NZQA gets back to me. I really do want to find out the pre-assessment qualification, but if they are still "not able" to do it then I think I am entitled to a refund, is that possible?

Interesting topic... Can you give us some details about the end of the story?? or, the another beginning? I see that it was in March, so I suppose that you have some new info's...