Thread: Language translated document to be submitted in original and/or certified copy

Default Language translated document to be submitted in original and/or certified copy

Hi

I have a small query.
    I have a document in Non-English language. I have got the English translated document from translation company.
    I just want to confirm that should I submit the original english translated document and also certified copy of it along with certified copy of Non-Engish document.? Is it OK if I have submitted original translated document + as well as certified copy of it, along with the certified copy of Non-English Document.

Thank

I am not sure I understood correctly but we submitted original (in original language) along with certified translation (where copy of this original is attached). So 2 documents + photocopies for each. It was 3 kilos of paper when we put the whole package to DHL.

I guess you don't need certified copies when you provide originals.

Hi,

if you submitt original document + certified translation you don't need a certified copy of the original document.

Cheers

We sent in the original translated copies accompanied by the certified copies of non-English documents.

The below quoate was taken from Application For Residence Guide:

Any translation you provide must:

not be made by a family member of any of the persons included in your application, or by a person with an interest in the outcome of your application, including any person acting as your agent; and
    be prepared and certified by a recognised private or official translation service; and
    be on the official letterhead of the translation service; and
    bear the stamp or signature of the translator; and
    be accompanied by the original documents or certified copies; and
    be paid for by the applicant.

Hi All,

Thank you for your all quick replies....Well, I have put the certified copy of original Non-English document + English Translated document given from translation service company and a copy of it.

Finally, I am done with all paper work and am submitting my ITA today... Yes, my packet goes more than 2 kilos and my OH will be submitting at the local INZ branch office.

Thanks again,
    cheers

EOI Selected - 4thNov2009
    EOI dec.sful - 13thNov2009
    ITA Recieved - 28Nov2009
    NZQA recieved -24Feb2010

All the best.

That's how you should proceed with ANY official document! You never surrender the original when it's an ID document. Certified copy... and the translation is a "ceritified copy" of sorts, so you shouldn't need a copy of the copy.

If you don't mind my asking, what document was it? Couldn't it be presented at the embassy instead of mailed?

Oh, I just reared the OP and realized I got it wrong.
    Disregard my previous post, I'll go be embarrassed in a corner somewhere...