Thread: Job Agencies in NZ

Default Job Agencies in NZ

Hi there, I managed to find a list of jobsites (http://www2.careers.govt.nz/job_search_jobs.html) for NZ jobs that I thought might be useful for some of you.

Im thinking of trying my luck with job agencies too.
    Will like to know if any of you has any good experience with agencies? Especially if you applied for a NZ job from overseas.

Also any job agencies that should be avoided?

Thanks a bunch!

Hi flair, my chance with the recruitment agencies here were not that successful. As I mentioned before in one of the threads that the recruitment agencies works for the employer and not for you. They got their wages from the employer.

You have to approach agencies depending on your specialty. I have few on my mind but they are in the IT and Engineering category.

Hope I provide useful information.

I tried to use them, but unsuccessfully for 18 months, looking for computer/internet/packaging lab based jobs, but was not successful. One retired agency owner told me during my rehab job training for WINZ, many of them build up a database of applicants/CV's to try market to employers in particular fields, and thus can be competitive depending on your job skills/specialties.

But three of my young relatively unskilled nieces (early 20's) easily found jobs from agencies at call centres, though included night shift. And many unskilled young people I noticed, got short term manual jobs through agencies.