Thread: Christchurch Dentist recommendations pls?

Arrow Christchurch Dentist recommendations pls?

I have had a search but there aren't many details given in any of the old threads.

Ideally, I am looking for a dentist who does GREAT work for CHEAP!!

I don't care if he/she is nice or friendly or has a good manner. I don't care if he/she uses gas or injections or hypnosis. We are tough and I am more afraid of a big bill than a big drill!

Just decent work and a decent price!!

Please and thanks!!

I'd be keen to know too. So far everyone I've asked told me stories of how their cavity-filling trip ended up costing hundreds (and it's nothing more than two or three teeth apparently).

New Brighton Dental

Hi GG- we didn't make it to a dentist when we were in Chch since we went in the US right before we came- but we did go to an orthodontist near the Ricc mall. I asked him and a few of his assistants if they could recommend a good dentist and none of them could give me single referral! I'm going to be talking with a US friend that's been living in Chch for the past 5 years so I'll ask her and I'm sure people on this forum will have some ideas.

We use the one down riccarton rd, just west of westfield mall and on the other side, did a phone around for a backpacker and they seemed the cheapest at that time and I have used them since,
    Team Dental
    03 341 1122
    178 Riccarton Road

I've recently used Waireki Dental Centre.

My teeth are pretty good, so only needed x-rays (unfortuntely they insist on doing these for all new patients), then a de-scale and polish. Did a much better job than my old UK NHS dentist had ever done.

Grand sum was $125

Someone recommended Riccarton dental to me (though what they said wasn't exactly specific...so maybe one of the other 5 in Riccarton rather than the one by that name on Matipo ). I need to find one as OH is complaining his crown is doing something funny.