Thread: Clarification required

Default Clarification required

Hi,
    I'm looking for some sound advice on NZQA assessment. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have an HNC in Aeronautical Engineering and an SVQ Level 3 in the same field. I've read through the details on the Immigration website and as far as I can tell, both are exempt from assessment. I was speaking to an Immigration Consultant last week during a free assessment and on talking to her she thought I may have to have these assessed. At $700 for the assessment, I'm looking to clarify my position in respect of my qualifications. Both awarding bodies are listed and as I said, it looks to me as though I don't require them to be assessed.

Looking for clarification. Thanks in anticipation.

It sounds as if you've done the checking. What exactly are you hoping anyone here can do that you haven't done? Did the immigration consultant give any reason for saying she thought you might need them assessed?

Default Qualification assessment

Hi JandM,
    Thanks for the reply. I guess what I'm asking everyone is, is there anyone else who having checked their qualifications against those listed on the NZIS site and thinking their qualificatioins are exempt from assessment, have thereafter had to have them assessed. I appreciate, each individual case is bound to be different.
    The consultant didn't really give any explanation nor did she elaborate on the subject.I didn't query her as at that time I hadn't researched the NZIS site in any detail.
    I have read other people's posts and they speak about pre assessments as well as full assessments and I guess I'm looking for some reassurance.

If you checked your qualifications against the list, for level, institution and date, and definitely found them, then NZIS are not going to be asking for NZQA to assess them - or if they did, you could then turn round and say, 'Why are you asking for this? My qualifications are on the list,' and give them the link to where they are shown.

It sounds to me as if you have immigration nerves creeping in - most people start to feel extremely jittery about anything and everything as soon as they've made the decision to try to emigrate. You are not alone! Check everything very thoroughly as you come to each step in the process, but make sure, for your health and mental comfort, that when you've finished each procedure, you then switch off from that, turn away, and do something totally different. This business takes months if not years, and you don't want to look back and find you've done nothing else, no ordinary living, in all that time.

Thanks JandM,

I appreciate your reply. This is the great benefit of being part of this forum, there are plenty of people willing to give their wisdom, experience and support. I wouldn't say I had the jitters but I was certainly looking for some reassurance. Thanks again