Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: House prices set to slide

Quote Originally Posted by Wooly_Cow View Post
    I think it does though. You're right that many agents are idiots and some lie for example saying a hosue doesn't have a history of leaking when it does (personal experience) but in the hosue purchasing game, a Pommy accent is the worst thing to have! It's not that they think you know nothing but rather that they perceive you have loads of cash!

Another personal example was a house offered to me three times at a price 30% more than the final selling price. Everytime I was told the price wouldn't be coming down and the same crap as Joolzr about not selling below RV.

Personally when I buy a house it'll be via the tender or auction system....i.e I'll offer a price...take it or leave it!
    Got to agree, spoke to an agent recently who told me to be careful as agents will hear us & think we have money, told him they can think again then 3 houses we have offered on were rejected only to have a phone call weeks later saying the sale had fallen through & are we still interested Grrrrrrr

witness 2 students/fresh grads from china, one bought a 600k house, another one bought a 1.2M house (she was seeking 600k houses but those houses couldn't satisfied her), by cash without mortgage.... it is good life if you have a rich dad.

by cash without mortgage.... it is good life if you have a rich dad.
    and it's unfortunate more families didn't think this way. The asian culture is very family orientate in that 'why let the banks make the $ ??'. So they think in generations instead of kicking their siblings out of the house at age 18.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456