Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Medical Timings

Quote Originally Posted by bbotalina View Post
    Hello.
    My name is Alina (Ro)

- We applied online on 24.06.2009, we made 130 points.
    - On 1.07.2009, EOI was extracted from the pool - my husband is Civil Engineer (and the principal applicant), I am social worker.
    - ITA pack received in 08.2009
    - ITA pack logged in 08.10.2009
    - CO assigned in 01.2010, and in 02.02.2010 we have requested additional documents
    - 02.02.2010 my Medicals were send to MA - Operated DSA (15 years ago) without remaining flows. Operated stenosis at the pulmonary artery (15 years ago), without significant signs of insufficiency or stenosis. 1st degree aortic insufficiency. 1st/2nd degree tricuspid insufficiency. Light HTP.
    - 17.02.2010 MA - "Further information is required to make an assessment.

Can applicant please see their Cardiologist and have them outline future needs of the applicant stating follow up needs, possible complications and an assessment of likelihood of further surgery."

- 03.03.2010 - CO confirm me that he received the document and he send it to the MA.

Since than nothing.....

Last year I was born without any complications and I have an completely normal life. I have a normal life without any treatment since the surgery, and the surgery took place more then 15 years ago. I am un absolutely normal and healthy person.

Last week, I asked the CO, if he believe that may be problems with my medical certificate, because of the long time without any response, Or, this is a normal processing time in this case. He send to us that :
    " Your partner's medical certificate is not taking a long time because of any particular complication in her medical condition. There is simply an unusually large backlog of medical assessments awaiting completion.
    I do apologies for this delay, but for now all we can do is await Alina's medical."

In the instance Alina's medical certificate is cleared all that remains is for us to arrange a settlement interview which will be conducted over the phone. Once that is complete I will be in a position to make a final decision on your application. I will provide you with more information on the settlement interview closer to the time.

I can not make comment on what the requirements of the medical referral outcome could be as I'm not a medical professional. It may be that the medical assessor requires further information in order to make an assessment however. Hopefully this will not be the case and we can move things forward. "

Seems encouraging what he send to us, but, since we do not know how long this process can be, therefore we begin to make problems. I thought it would be such a problem, because I feel un healthy person. But my background is sick.

I will keep you in touch, and if someone has feedback for me, I'm here.

Thank you
    Alina

Our case was delayed similarly (though for my OH's BMI issue), the response & reason from CO was exactly same (word to word) apart from the medical reason.

MA referral generally takes about 3-4 weeks (public holidays delay this process as well), I hope you will hear from your MA within this week/next week.

All the best

Spoke to my CO in London today and he informed me that they had a large batch of medicals returned this week and they are working through them. It also stated that there seems to be a bit more movement with medicals of late.

kejktfc

Alina - I've been told to expect a 6-8 week wait between sending info to the MA and getting a reply. They do seem to have a backlog.

My last batch of info would have been sent there around the same time as yours, and I haven't had a reply either.

We'll get there in the end!

..and tbh, if you needed to go the medical waiver route, a civil engineer and a social worker are very likely to get through. Both are sought after in NZ, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by kejktfc View Post
    Spoke to my CO in London today and he informed me that they had a large batch of medicals returned this week and they are working through them. It also stated that there seems to be a bit more movement with medicals of late.

kejktfc
    Thank you,
    Very encouraging news, I hope to be there my file.

Alina

Any news from your CO, about MA?
    For us, still no news .... and becomes more frustrating to wait .. : (

All the best!
    Alina

Nothing solid here, though I did get this in response to my polite nudge today:

I referred them on the 8th of march, however as there is a backlog they might not have reached the assessor for a few weeks.

I will be in touch when I have had a response.
    Ho hum

Anyone got a good patience mantra?

Good things come to those that wait?*

*The work of Confucious is often overrated and whilst there is something to be said by complex cryptic wit, then there's an often overlooked beauty that comes from the more literal English philosophers. See also "Are we nearly there yet" and "Bored now" for examples of this.

Question

I too am waiting to hear whether the Medical Officer/Assessor will accept the 2 medical reports that the Medical Officer had requested from my GP.

I sent the reports to Immigration NZ London Branch and they arrived there on 22 March 2010.

I log on every day to see if there is an email - but still waiting to hear.

Lets all think positive and hang in there - we are nearly there!!

We're awaiting reports sent in in mid March as well - - from reading the forums , looks like May is the earliest we can expect them? Never mind .....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12