Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Medical Timings

Default Medical Timings

DH and I are subscribed to a number of migration to NZ sites and we received this in today from "New Life New Zealand" which might explain some of the delays people are facing if medical assessment is required.

A very big issue for many applicants at the moment is the fact that there are simply not enough Medical Assessors at Immigration, and so any medical issues impacting on your application may lead to a long delay on your visa being granted. For example, in the UK at the moment it is taking an extra month for an application to be referred to the Medical Assessor, and then potentially another month each time they ask for further information and it has to go back to them again. In New Zealand it is taking an extra 2-3 months each time, with the Medical Assessors still reviewing medicals that were submitted in December!! You can imagine the impact this might have on your visa application if you have a job offer or course of study waiting! Immigration has just hired 3 additional Medical Assessors and is training them up, but it will take some time for these extreme delays to reduce.
    Hopefully those MAs will get trained up fast!

You mean you're not in a monogomous relationship with us??? :huffs

But top post, very useful info for many people I'm sure.

Totally monogamous NZ-wise with this forum (though I occasionally read others, but some are so depressing!) ....this was one of those sites that you sign up to and they send you newsletters! And, when I remember to fish them out the spam folder they are sometimes even useful!!!

Thumbs up

Quite useful information

Thanks for that - it explains what a lot of us have been experiencing. Ho hum. At least NZIS can still hire in a recession *lol* maybe I should apply for a job with them one day

it depends. for me, it didn't take long. The normal processing time for a PR is 6 months and for a work visa based on partnership it's 1 month. I don't know how long it takes for a work permit, hubby got it in 1 1/2 month, but he had no health problems. Some people experince dificulties, but that can happen due to ther own health issues, rather than the system speed or lack of it. Hang in there, waiting is terrible, but hopefully at the end you'll be doing like this:

This post had me thinking...my OH had slightly high cholesterol when we sent in our ITA and since then, I've managed to get her off eggs and bacon every single day

This really paid off when they asked us to retest as her cholesterol was well within the normal limits. Question is...because it was initially high, does it automatically get sent to an MA for review, or will the CO see that there's no longer an issue on it and there won't be a delay because of it?

when they asked us to retest
    Who was it who asked you to get a retest done?

JandM - it was a woman who is not our case officer. She asked us to send it in by February 20 so it could be added to the pile of stuff for the case officer. We've heard from a woman and a guy who both asked us for more info to give to the CO.

Hello.
    My name is Alina (Ro)

- We applied online on 24.06.2009, we made 130 points.
    - On 1.07.2009, EOI was extracted from the pool - my husband is Civil Engineer (and the principal applicant), I am social worker.
    - ITA pack received in 08.2009
    - ITA pack logged in 08.10.2009
    - CO assigned in 01.2010, and in 02.02.2010 we have requested additional documents
    - 02.02.2010 my Medicals were send to MA - Operated DSA (15 years ago) without remaining flows. Operated stenosis at the pulmonary artery (15 years ago), without significant signs of insufficiency or stenosis. 1st degree aortic insufficiency. 1st/2nd degree tricuspid insufficiency. Light HTP.
    - 17.02.2010 MA - "Further information is required to make an assessment.

Can applicant please see their Cardiologist and have them outline future needs of the applicant stating follow up needs, possible complications and an assessment of likelihood of further surgery."

- 03.03.2010 - CO confirm me that he received the document and he send it to the MA.

Since than nothing.....

Last year I was born without any complications and I have an completely normal life. I have a normal life without any treatment since the surgery, and the surgery took place more then 15 years ago. I am un absolutely normal and healthy person.

Last week, I asked the CO, if he believe that may be problems with my medical certificate, because of the long time without any response, Or, this is a normal processing time in this case. He send to us that :
    " Your partner's medical certificate is not taking a long time because of any particular complication in her medical condition. There is simply an unusually large backlog of medical assessments awaiting completion.
    I do apologies for this delay, but for now all we can do is await Alina's medical."

In the instance Alina's medical certificate is cleared all that remains is for us to arrange a settlement interview which will be conducted over the phone. Once that is complete I will be in a position to make a final decision on your application. I will provide you with more information on the settlement interview closer to the time.

I can not make comment on what the requirements of the medical referral outcome could be as I'm not a medical professional. It may be that the medical assessor requires further information in order to make an assessment however. Hopefully this will not be the case and we can move things forward. "

Seems encouraging what he send to us, but, since we do not know how long this process can be, therefore we begin to make problems. I thought it would be such a problem, because I feel un healthy person. But my background is sick.

I will keep you in touch, and if someone has feedback for me, I'm here.

Thank you
    Alina

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast