Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: On arrival at Auckland

Default On arrival at Auckland

I know there was a thread on this last year, but I can't find it.

What's the process, or more critically how long does it take. I'm about to book my flights, and I'm a little concerned at the time I've got between arriving on NZ1 and then the suggested connection on the wind up bi-plane to Tauranga. It's not all that long (2 hours), and I'd need to get accross to the other terminal I think. Add in arriving at 5:30am on a Saturday and you can see why I'm 'jumpy'.

So how long does it take, and has anyone managed to get a delayed connection to give them more leeway? I assume that it would class as 'my fault' if I missed the connection in this case, in terms of having to book a new flight.

Alternative is a one way car hire which may work out better anyway.

Here's one thread that's relevant - older than 'last year', but I'm still looking. http://www.enz.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-1348.html

Is this the one you were thinking of? http://www.enz.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-23473.html

And here are another couple of things that came up in the search.

http://www.callabus.co.nz/ http://www.bayofplentynz.com/getsupp..._ov=2286_.html

Not quite. It's the one about how to convert the blue stickers into the stamp / whatever that IanW gets all very pedantic about There's some formal process on arrival to 'start the clock' on the 2 years. That's the mystery bit, and that's the bit that I'm not sure how NZ will respond to.

Thanks for the other links too. SophieDB declined my invitation to by my move co-ordinator, are you volunteering?

When you arrive at Auckland, if you've got the blue stickers in your passport you can go through the residents' queue, and they just look at the stickers and then stamp the residence permit in your passport and say, "Welcome home". It took hardly any time at all.

But having said that, allowing only two hours for your connecting flight is cutting it a bit fine, IMO, unless the connecting flight is also an Air New Zealand flight and you've booked it as one journey, in which case they'll look after you if you miss it.

Thanks, that's the bit I was worried about. No more.

Almost certain it will be AirNZ connecting, although a bit puzzled if the tiny plane is a code share, and what that means for my baggage allowance. Also not sure yet if I'm bringing a cycle in with me, in which case then I don't think it will fit in the ickle internal plane... All so confusing.

Maybe they'll just strap the bike on the roof?

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post

Almost certain it will be AirNZ connecting, although a bit puzzled if the tiny plane is a code share, and what that means for my baggage allowance. Also not sure yet if I'm bringing a cycle in with me, in which case then I don't think it will fit in the ickle internal plane... All so confusing.
    The smaller flight is operated by Air NZ Link, which is just a subsidiary of Air NZ, not a codeshare.

Are you flying via LA? If you are and your flights are booked together, the bigger allowance will apply, so the bike will be one piece of luggage. Just make sure you give Air NZ a ring a few days before to let them know, that way they'll expect you'll be showing up with a bike box

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast