Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: soap powder

Default soap powder

Hi,
    we have a cupboard full of dishwasher tablets and washing powder/tablets. Does anyone know if we will be ok to take it with us?? (get it free from a friend)
    Thanks
    Nick

Amongst the many boxes of our container were allsorts of interesting things, washing machine tablets, about 20 bottles of Radox bath bubbles (I used to buy them when it was Buy 1 get 1 free!!)loads of shower gel and shampoos etc.
    It all just went into a box and wasn't marked as such but it travelled fine and our container took 89 days to arrive in port. Think the box was just named bathroom. Wasn't even checked!!

Bring the lot if you have the container space - save you money this end. Have not seen washing machine tablets here.

Hope this helps

Tanya

Nick and everyone else who hasn't quite got here yet.

Customs are interested in the things customs are usually interested in - Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco. Anything you could concivably sell for a huge profit on a street corner avoiding NZ taxes or import duties.

In our 2.5 months here I have yet to see the headline in the paper
    " Godzone a cleaner place. NZ-UK washing machine and dishwasher powder ring finally cracked."

MAF are only interested in Bio hazards - ie anything that will adversely affect NZ's unique and threatened bio diversity. It's debatable that they (MAF) would take any interest in a 0.5kg of C. as its not a bio hazard. Not that I would advocate you attempt to bring it in in your container.

Jon
    Waiheke
    So far behind it's ahead.

This thread has just prompted me to think about my eldest son - he has mild exema, and i can't change washing liquid -

can you buy persil non bio out there???????????????????????

And if not, how much can you bring in that container?
    Have a kid with slight eczema(sp) too...

Washing powder here happens to be one of my very small niggles at present, as I have yet to find one that suits. It's not as straightforward as my usual Ariel V Persil, Colour, Bio or Non. I have to stand and gaze at the boxes of "Powder" and read all the labels, to see if there's one that doesn't say Toploader or Cold Wash. I'm really still flummoxed and have ended up buying Surf - Cold Wash twice now, but will have to study them a bit more as I'm not really convinced that my washing is as clean as it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil
    Washing powder here happens to be one of my very small niggles at present, as I have yet to find one that suits. It's not as straightforward as my usual Ariel V Persil, Colour, Bio or Non. I have to stand and gaze at the boxes of "Powder" and read all the labels, to see if there's one that doesn't say Toploader or Cold Wash. I'm really still flummoxed and have ended up buying Surf - Cold Wash twice now, but will have to study them a bit more as I'm not really convinced that my washing is as clean as it could be.
    I remember standing in Somerfields doing the exact same thing when I first moved to the UK? What the heck is bio/non-bio??? After eight years I finally have it well figured and am not looking forward to trying to work it out again at the other end. I think, from the hazy mists of my past, that anything that says 'with enzymes' is bio - I guess the rest isn't??? If anyone knows the answer to the Persil Non-bio question I'd def be interested (also have kids with mild eczma).

Debs

Going off topic here slightly (sorry ops: ) but can anyone clarify whether you can bring aerosol cans in your shipping container? I'm sure I read it somewhere on a prohibited list of goods to be shipped. I ask because as Simon works for a well known company, he gets given deoderants free as a perk (alongside cans of shaving foams and liquid soap) and we have boxes of the stuff - enough to keep us going for years.

Thanks,

Emily

I buy Persil for sensitive skin. Also have allergic reactions to body lotions, sunscreens etc. The Persil seems to be fine but am struggling on the body lotion front.

sarah.

You can get liquid washing stuff here, which is just as well as I hate using the powder. Surge is one but think that is geared to cold wash and there is at least one of the persils here. Am going shopping later so will have a look.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast