Thread: Looking for Domino Hob - Kitchen Cooktop

Default Looking for Domino Hob - Kitchen Cooktop

Just received a kitchen plan from the joinery and will have to decide what kind of cooktop (hob) to choose. I'm specifically looking for what they call "Domino" type hobs where they're only 30cm wide but in modular units. That is many of these hobs can be lined up in a row. So in my case i'm looking for a 2 burner gas on glass (black ceramic top) hob + 2 element induction type hob (also on glass).

The UK sells this brand NEFF below:

http://www.neff.co.uk/hobs-domino.html

Unfortunately i've not been able to find a supplier here in Christchurch that handles this brand but they are widely available in the UK.

Could anyone provide any assistance that sells such 'domino' type hobs - particularly the 2 gas burner that IS ON GLASS! - sorry there are too many ones that have the stainless steel cover where the griddle sits on. I'm looking for the flat ceramic glass because it's easier to clean up and matches better with another black glass hob joined side by side.

BQ

Autel appliances have some domino cooktops here (not Neff ones, though).

(I bought my washing machine from them - very good service.)

Autel have gone into receivership. Most of their branches are still trading, so if they've got what you want in stock it's fine, but I wouldn't go ordering anything from them or paying any deposit as you may never see it again!

Oh crikey, that's a shame.

Hi JoJo, Interesting that you mentioned Autel because my aunt just told me yesterday that they are closing up business. I can't confirm from this end but my other aunt in Auckland must of said so. Perhaps they're just downsizing some of their retail outlets.

On the good point, their website does have the 'gas on glass' domino hob at a reasonable price. The expensive part is they only have 1 induction domino.

http://www.kitchenthings.net.nz/index.html
    They seem to stock quite a few brands. HTH

I've checked out Kitchen & Things in Chch (on Moorhouse Ave) and out of all the hobs they have there, they don't have it. The closest was a single gas burner (wok style). The salesman there wasn't that helpful either, no word of being able to source it and no word on alternatives. I think they're targetting more for high end market as I saw a side-by-side fridge/freezer sell for $10K. My 1st thought was for those that got $ to burn.

I've checked in with KAS on Manchester street and the salesman there said he would look into it to see if the supplier had any old stock left. Apparently the gas on glass Domino hob is out of flavour and the new models are all stainless steel.

I'm beginning to think that having dual domino hobs is a tough venture. Not to mention also, a tough price. Price on 1 Smeg Domino gas hob could easily buy a 4 zone gas burner of a different brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Super_BQ View Post
    Hi JoJo, Interesting that you mentioned Autel because my aunt just told me yesterday that they are closing up business. I can't confirm from this end but my other aunt in Auckland must of said so. Perhaps they're just downsizing some of their retail outlets.

On the good point, their website does have the 'gas on glass' domino hob at a reasonable price. The expensive part is they only have 1 induction domino.
    Looks like it's all over for Autel. They were advertising a liquidation sale on the radio this morning - might get a bargain if they've got what you want in stock.

I've secured 2 Domino hobs at Autel. The sales girl insisted the display model with the gas on glass was in prestine condition. I have my cousin in Auckland that will make payment and pickup this week. I was also surprised the sales person took my offer. (both the SCHOLTES MG32SNR gas top & DEDIETRICH DTI741X induction top for $2000) - if I were to buy local in Chch, the domino induction hob (Smeg brand) sells for over $2k alone.

The surprising thing is if I were to wait a month or so later, there would be no chance of locating a gas on glass domino hob. I can't understand why there's a lack of them in NZ while the full size 4 or 5 zone gas hobs are easily found in black ceramic glass (even the latest Harvey Norman flyer sell them).

BTW, just for comparison I did check prices in the UK online websites. They may appear cheap but the killer is shipping. When you add GST (+ GST on shipping portion of the cost), it doesn't offer any savings (just more hassles with waiting and broker paperwork).

As far as Autel, my wallet would of been more open if I had a way to see their whole stock selection. Will need oven, microwave, & side-by-side fridge but they're quite costly to move.