Thread: ITA - Proof of Name Change - Help

Default ITA - Proof of Name Change - Help

So I have been going through all the documentation needed for the ITA and putting it together into the sections required. However I can't see where you need to put in any proof's of name changes (such as marriage certificates)

I can't believe they are not required but for the life of me can't see any mention of them in the forms and required documentation.

You do. Isn't it in the same bit as where you give passport numbers / driving license?

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    You do. Isn't it in the same bit as where you give passport numbers / driving license?
    I know in the ITA application section A3 and H3 asks you for "all other names you are/or have been known by" - which we have filled in.

What I meant was the necessity to prove those changes with documented evidence such as marriage certificates, deed poll etc

I can't find any reference to evidenced proof at all. The only reference is on the police check where it states "If you have an alias or maiden name you will need to demonstrate you have requested the certificate in all names"

Other than that no reference on qualifications or work references to prove that if your name has changed since they were obtained that it's actually you!

I am sure I am going to have to include them I just find it strange that the don't explicitly mention the requirement.

Ah, got you.

When I did the ITA then the approach I took was to provide proof of everything that I'd written on the form.

I know we inlcuded our marriage certificate, and of course that then included OH's name change. But that may have been in the proof of relationship bit.

Oh hang on, there's reference to that in the bit about degrees I think, as her qualifications were in her maiden name. Is there anything in the guidance notes of that bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    Ah, got you.

When I did the ITA then the approach I took was to provide proof of everything that I'd written on the form.

I know we inlcuded our marriage certificate, and of course that then included OH's name change. But that may have been in the proof of relationship bit.

Oh hang on, there's reference to that in the bit about degrees I think, as her qualifications were in her maiden name. Is there anything in the guidance notes of that bit?
    Oops realised this is the wrong forum!!

Can't find any reference to it, very strange.

Quite honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about where it goes. It's common sense to see that it's going to be necessary to prove that Miss X who got qualifications or work experience, or even who can be proved to have been living with you five years ago, is now Mrs Y. So the marriage certificate or deed poll or whatever is going to have to be seen. Why not give it a separate category of its own on your index sheet or cover letter?

Our case officer requested deed polls to evidence my daughters change of name, we didn't have them as we had changed their names following our marriage and their new names had been accepted by the passport office on production of our marriage license. We quickly arranged an appointment with a solicitor and had deed polls drawn up and signed within a week. There wasn't a problem with this and we heard yesterday that we have been approved for PR !!