Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M&S online sale

Talking M&S online sale

For all the Marks n Sparks lovers out there, M&S have a sale on at the moment.

Tomorrow (18 March 2010) - presumably from midnight, GMT - these prices will be cut by a further 25%. Many items are already 50% off

Delivery to NZ is £15 though

Do they charge VAT on sales to NZ, I would have thought not but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by mattybain View Post
    Do they charge VAT on sales to NZ, I would have thought not but you never know.
    No they don't, which saves even more!

Be aware that you will get stung by duty when the goods come into NZ if they are over a certain value (is think its something like $150?). The duty fee will be 12.5%. Customs will hold the goods until payment is recieved.

Calculation of Customs charges
    Where applicable, Customs duty is levied on the transaction value of the goods (the price actually paid for them). Goods and Services Tax (GST) of 12.5 percent is then calculated on the duty-inclusive value plus international freight and insurance charges. If there is no transaction (such as the goods being supplied free of charge, or a relationship between the supplier and importer which affects the transaction price), an alternative form of valuation may be used.

No revenue collection will be made if the total amount owing on the goods imported is less than $50. This revenue waiver does not apply to alcohol or tobacco products.

For further information about valuation of goods or calculation of charges, please contact any Customs office.
    http://www.customs.govt.nz/importers...ms+Charges.htm

Default Marks & Spencer Sale!

Remember, if you reach a $ point where they charge GST, there is also the 20% import duty on clothing purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky View Post
    No they don't, which saves even more!
    Are you sure? Looking at my receipts from my last couple of orders from M&S, they haven't taken off the VAT, which I've always found a bit annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo Jo View Post
    Are you sure? Looking at my receipts from my last couple of orders from M&S, they haven't taken off the VAT, which I've always found a bit annoying.
    When I paid with my UK credit card, VAT wasn't taken off. The next time I made a purchase I used my NZ credit card and VAT was removed. It wasn't the full amount though.

Both my deliveries were around the £90 mark and I wasn't charged GST on either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by norma View Post
    When I paid with my UK credit card, VAT wasn't taken off. The next time I made a purchase I used my NZ credit card and VAT was removed. It wasn't the full amount though.
    Was it just the difference between the 17.5% VAT rate and the 15% VAT rate that was in effect last year?

I just went to place an order using my NZ Visa card, and they didn't take any VAT off the final amount.

I'm pretty sure I had VAT taken off. Maybe it was just the difference between the 17.5% & the 15% though. I didn't get any duty or GST charged on arrival, and order was around 300 quid's worth. Maybe they just don't check everything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast