Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resubmitting EOI

Default Resubmitting EOI

Hi

I just had my degree rejected from my EOI submission, I think because it was granted by a polytechnic that later became a university. NZQA recognise degrees from the University of Brighton via the Council for National Academic Rewards.

Ive obtained a copy of my degree certificate and a letter from the University of Brighton saying I studied there which I have sent to immigration. Im hoping they will respond favourably.

But thats not my question really. If I have to edit and resubmit my EOI do I have to pay the submission fee again ?

Also, just realised that they did not give me points for family in NZ

Close family support in New Zealand - SM17.5

has anyone else had this problem ? My sister has lived in Wellington for five years and is resident. I indicated that on my EOI, specified her as a sister and indicated that I was claiming points.

Did she put you as a relative when she submitted her application? That I believe is necessary for people to claim point and relationships in the future. Also has she changed her name through marriage etc. so that the system is not picking her up?

I think, as what you're doing is arguing the grounds on which they rejected your EOI, then it's still the same EOI and you don't have to pay again. No doubt others who've gone this route will soon tell you.

An update, by talking today to the migrant administrator checking my EOI have managed to get my degree recognised. But it took two attempts, I had to prove that my polytechnic had since become a university. Then I had to show that the issuing body for the degree was on the except list.

I understand now why some people call this process a roller coaster ride

But it also shows that NZIS are approachable to direct discussion. I really can't imagine that happening with UKIS or USIS (or whatever they are called).

Good news.

Quote Originally Posted by mikejf12 View Post
    Hi

I just had my degree rejected from my EOI submission, I think because it was granted by a polytechnic that later became a university. NZQA recognise degrees from the University of Brighton via the Council for National Academic Rewards.

Ive obtained a copy of my degree certificate and a letter from the University of Brighton saying I studied there which I have sent to immigration. Im hoping they will respond favourably.

But thats not my question really. If I have to edit and resubmit my EOI do I have to pay the submission fee again ?
    Just curious, do you have 15 points of Absolute Shortage Skills points?

Well I claimed it but my degree had to majors, maths and computer studies. So in order to confirm whether I can have these points i need to produce a modular break down for my courses. Thats my next battle .

I had IT modules for my maths courses as well so we will have to see. The daft thing is that Ive worked in IT for around twenty years.

Dear Seniors,

One of my friends submitted EOI yesterday. He wants to correct some mistakes in his submitted EOI.

1) Is it possible to edit the mistaken information and re-submit again?

2) If so, is there any charge for re-submission?

3) How many times re-submission is allowed?

4) Will it make any delay to be selected from the pool?

Regards

Shooters

Shooterspalace - I remember once I paid and submitted my EOI, I wasn't allowed to make any changes. However, if I only submitted it (without payment), I was allowed to change it as much as I liked since it wasn't really in their system yet. Until you pay you can do what you like to it. At least that was my experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast