Thread: How to get point as industrial pharmacist?

Default How to get point as industrial pharmacist?

In Australia migration requires assessment from a assessing body whether industrial pharmacist has to be assessed by VEtassess which does not require to udergo through APEc test. But my question is how to get points in Newzealand.

Welcome to the forum.

thanks a lot. let me know recognition procedures of my occupation

You need to check on the New Zealand immigration website. Find the Long Term Skill Shortage List (assuming it's on there) and it will tell you all the details.

Oh, it's on there. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...9D5/0/1093.pdf

wan2no, you can use the Google advanced search feature to look for any aspects of migrating that interest you on the NZIS website (which is how I found that list). Although members on this forum will do their best to help, perhaps there will not be anyone here who knows. And when you have a question about government regulations, it is always safer to check the government site.

Quote Originally Posted by wan2no View Post
    In Australia migration requires assessment from a assessing body whether industrial pharmacist has to be assessed by VEtassess which does not require to udergo through APEc test. But my question is how to get points in Newzealand.
    Welcome to the forum Wan2No,

As you probably noticed from JandM's link, you need a B.S. in pharmacy and registration with the Pharmacy Council. Here's a link to the Pharmacy Council's registration requirements: http://www.pharmacycouncil.org.nz/other_overseas

To help answer your question from a non-NZIS perspective: the registration requirements in NZ are the same for hospital, community and industrial pharmacists--you would have to sit for APEC. Once registered, you would be able to work in any of those settings (or any other setting where pharmacists are needed). One further note: there is not a whole lot of drug manufacturing/development taking place in NZ; there is a drug company presence in Auckland, but I would guess that most jobs are on the marketing and information end.

Also from the Council website:

Industry

The pharmaceutical industry is responsible for the synthesis and research of new medicines, and the production and marketing of proven medicines to the public. Pharmacists are involved in every step of the process. Opportunities in research and development are limited in New Zealand as most of this is carried out overseas however there are opportunities for pharmacists working in formulation, product information and marketing. Pharmacy technicians are also employed in the marketing of new medicines.