Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AAT Qualification

Smile AAT Qualification

Hi All

We are just beginning the process of emigrating and are currently completing the EOI. My husband has scored 130 points including 15 points for work experience in an area of skilled employment (assuming we have worked out the points correctly).

I have completed the AAT (Assosiation of Accounting Technicians) which is a 3 year course, NVQ Tecnician level 4/AAT Level 4 Diploma equivalent to 2nd year degree level. I have spent a few hours trawling through the questions/answers in this forum and found a post stating this would be graded level 5 by NZQA.

I would be grateful if anyone could advise me on the following questions:
    1) Do you think we should just submit the EOI based on my husbands 130 points only?
    2)Or should we get my qualifications assessed in the hope of getting over 140points, also is level 5 high enough as accountancy is in Catergory A?

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks
    Joanne

Hello and welcome.

You may get some opinions later when NZ wakes up.

Nobody is actually allowed to advise you because of an NZ law. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24859 However, there are plenty of people who have had their EOI selected with 130 points (and fewer).

Smile EOI Selected

Just checked and our status is now saying 'selected'
    Yey! We're so excited.
    Could anyone please let me know how long it normally takes to change to 'successfull'?
    I'm panicking that our points might be reduced and we'll be back in the pool!

Thanks
    Jo

A big step! Have a look at some other people's timelines in their signature - that might give you an idea of the range. Also, it says here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...ssingtimes.htm that a visa officer will make the preliminary assessment within 10 working days of selection.

Don't forget to b-r-e-a-t-h-e - there's still a long way to go yet.

Did you decided to apply against your AAT qualification? Only wondering as I completed it too last year before coming over. Im a kiwi by birth so it didnt matter for immigation but wondered what it was treated as?

Great news on your selection by the way

Tim

Thanks JandM, i'm trying to only check status once a day instead of once an hour!

We haven't had my qualification assessed as yet, but we will if we have any points deducted.

Keeping our fingers crossed!

All the best.

We've had 25 points deducted from our EOI so we're back in the pool with only 105 points

Looks like we're gonna have to get a job offer or get my qualifications assessed.

All the best.

Did they deduct the points on any matter you might be able to contest?

I have no idea about how NZQA consider AAT.
    But the funny think is , NZICA consider ACCA as nothing(nothing more than as an accounting fresh graduate).

ACCA qualified accountant need to attend PCE1 and PCE2 in order to obtain CA in NZ (it is very very a discouraging news).
    But it seems NZICA recognized ICA(if i remember the name correctly, it is the another CA thing in UK).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast