Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What stores do you miss, and would still like to buy from?

I am going to miss Heinz Ketchup (Canada). I do not know why...but Heinz Ketchup in NZ tastes different. But I will get over it...or ask visitors to bring a bottle or 2 =)

Trader Joe's and Fresh & Easy - both US market chains. Also IKEA - not so much their furniture but their home goods (including textiles - sheets, quilts, etc.), which are very inexpensive.

- Target
    - Yankee Candle
    - Victoria's Secret

- Aunt Annie's (soft pretzels)
    - Chick-fil-a (which you always crave on Sunday when they are closed!)
    - 'Good China' (a little Chinese food place in Orlando that I could never remember the name of)
    - Sonny's BBQ (went every Thursday with coworkers)
    - Sonics ...mmmm....orange cream slush, corn dogs, chili dogs and cheesy tater tots....glug! glug! glug!
    - Red Lobster biscuits

...If we ever go back to the US, we won't have time to see family we'll just be bouncing from one food place to the next!
    Last edited by Mrs Pony; 31st March 2010 at 05:47 PM. Reason: spelling error! doh!

NZ could do with a decent donut shop like Tim Hortins. The stuff you buy at Countdown or at Pak N Save I wouldn't feed it to a dog.

While NZ has many of the fast food chains (KFC, Burger King, etc) as abroad, their menu is different. For eg. Burger King 'Putines' aren't available here. Can someone confirm that the Wendy's in Auckland has 'malt' frosties?

Subway is just simply too expensive. NO fast food sandwich should be more than $10. Quiznos would be nice. A&W anyone?

Barq's root beer....

Quote Originally Posted by Super_BQ View Post
    While NZ has many of the fast food chains (KFC, Burger King, etc) as abroad, their menu is different. For eg. Burger King 'Putines' aren't available here.
    Having just googled what a putine actually is, it looks like it's only something you'd find in Burger King in Canada. So it's Canada being the odd one out here, not NZ

Quote Originally Posted by Super_BQ View Post
    NZ could do with a decent donut shop like Tim Hortins. The stuff you buy at Countdown or at Pak N Save I wouldn't feed it to a dog.

While NZ has many of the fast food chains (KFC, Burger King, etc) as abroad, their menu is different. For eg. Burger King 'Putines' aren't available here. Can someone confirm that the Wendy's in Auckland has 'malt' frosties?

Subway is just simply too expensive. NO fast food sandwich should be more than $10. Quiznos would be nice. A&W anyone?

Barq's root beer....
    There are variations in all fast food places around the world, for example McDonalds used to do a Kiwi burger here and KFC don't do BBQ beans here.
    Wendys do Frosties but as far as i know they are soft serve icecream shakes.

Amazon and Play.com are the biggies for me, the wife in back in the UK visiting family and she is coming home with a good slection. she really misses Boots 3 for 2 deals and as a result her suitcase has about 4 dvds for me and 8 bottles of John Feeda Shampoo, which you can buy here in farmers for about $18 a bottle or in Boots for 4 quidd and one 3 for 2 its even better!

I also miss the hard rock cafe, i love the pulled pork sandwitch!

American discount golf

So it's Canada being the odd one out here, not NZ
    You may be right! For as long as I can remember, BK has always had the Putine and never bothered to check if BK's in US had the same.

From an early post, I recall talking about Canada's obsession of Kraft Dinner (Macaroni & Cheese) yet, Kraft originally developed in the US. So it's hard to nail down what items on the fast food menu are really iconic to the FFR.

It's interesting while sitting here in Christchurch, I can't think of 1 place that would have the same resemblance of a Tim Hortons. I think the closest would be Star Bucks but they just don't have the vast freshly made donut selection.

My favorite donut:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canchi/2465586977/

http://adelineang.com/2009/03/26/tim-hortons-part-ii/

The best part is they don't cost a fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by teamplayer2003 View Post
    I also miss the hard rock cafe, i love the pulled pork sandwitch!
    You should try the Pulled Pork Po-Boys in Sweet Mother's Kitchen on Courtenay Place in Wellington. Fantastic.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast