Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: American store in Auckland - Martha's Backyard

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoat View Post
    I used these for our s'mores last time I made marshmallows. But they just aren't the same!!
    I bet they work great in the peanut butter cups (and thanks for the recipe BTW) but I miss the taste of graham crackers for cheesecake crusts and s'mores!

(I gave up "processed foods" a few years ago but would have gladly bought something like graham crackers so I guess I am really glad to be in NZ--where I can't cheat! I think I will give the graham crackers another go)
    Griffins wheat Digestive biscuits have a similar taste to graham crackers. I used them in a cheesecake at Easter, and they worked great.

...what are "s'mores"?

And yes, I'd love to have pickles recipes!

Quote Originally Posted by ljrobin View Post
    Griffins wheat Digestive biscuits have a similar taste to graham crackers. I used them in a cheesecake at Easter, and they worked great.
    Us Brits use Digestives for Cheesecake bases, so they must be very similar. Try the Uk brand: McVities Digestives (in a red box around $2.50 a pkt in most supermarkets), much nicer IMO than Griffins but then I am incredibly biased when it comes to the NZ local copies of 'British' biscuits that we know and love. I have yet to find any Shortbread made here that passes muster in this household unless it is imported.

Quote Originally Posted by newarrival View Post
    ...what are "s'mores"?

And yes, I'd love to have pickles recipes!
    s'mores are a yummy campfire treat, made by placing a roasted marshmallow and piece of chocolate between 2 graham crackers, even better slightly heat the chocolate

I stumbled across A & W root beer and cream soda at Tai Ping Asian supermarket in Auckland CBD today, both cost $1.20 a can.

It was diet root beer, but that section looked low on stock, so they may have the normal one, I didn't think to ask though.

Jen

If anyone knows where to find Reese crackers and Cheetos on the North Shore- please let me know. I miss those stuff. My hubby is already on his 3rd bag of Doritos of which I told him to stop.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345