Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: American store in Auckland - Martha's Backyard

Smile American store in Auckland - Martha's Backyard

http://www.marthasbackyard.co.nz/

I'm sure this store has been mentioned before, but I thought I'd mention it again for any Americans feeling the need...the husband just returned from an expedition there happily bearing Quaker grits, Mrs Butterworth syrup, Reese's peanut butter cups, and Kellogs Frosted Chocolate Fudge Pop Tarts.
    Last edited by Oregonkiwi; 3rd April 2010 at 01:49 PM.

It may be useful to find their USA suppliers, and buy from them online for potential savings and a more diverse range of products. I do this for USA car parts for friends (e.g. Mustang), and found far cheaper to order from USA via ebay, JC Whitney, and dozens more...

well sure, but that's not the same as walking into a store, selecting items, purchasing them, and eating them mere minutes later.

If they supply personal customer's to their satisfaction - it's possible (and would make sense) they supply NZ Gourmet/or niche food online suppliers, as their are many online.

We saw that when we were recently up in Auckland. Nice to know they have peanut butter cups (which I have had family send me, I ought to just make my own!). I wish Whittakers would do some though as I never realized how much I hate American chocolate until I moved here (I just though I didn't like chocolate). Maybe they'll open up online shopping soon.

Peanut butter and nutella is good in a pinch for an emergency peanut butter cup craving.

It's not technically on my healthy food list, though.

I eat it with a spoon right out of the containers and when they sometimes get a bit mixed together, I always say "You got your chocolate in my peanut butter" and, of course, I always answer "You got your peanut butter in my chocolate"
    My kids think I am crazy. And they are right.

I found a local store in Palmerston North that stocks Dr. Pepper so all is well for me

Good to know! I wish I had known this while I was in Auckland a few weeks ago, but oh well. I'm sure we'll be up there again sometime. Hopefully they get online shopping open soon, that'd be great!

For those in Welly missing peanut butter cups, the Asian market across the street from the Kilbirnie Pac n Save has them at the checkouts. They have Hershey bars too, though I'm all about the peanut butter cups

They had a few cans of Dr. Pepper in w/the cold drinks - it's either that or A&W root beer, I forget - whichever it was I was really surprised to see it!

Sounds to me like there are some good business opportunities catering to immigrants (as I suppose Martha's is doing)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast