Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immigration consultants - advice please

Default Immigration consultants - advice please

Hi there, I'm new to this forum but am about to embark on the hopefully life changing move to NZ for me and my wife.

I'm from the UK.

If anyone can recommend a good immigration consultant I would be most grateful.

Thanks,

Jon

Welcome & good luck
    You will find most people did all the work themselves & find IC cost too mch for the work required, it's very easy once you get into i so save yourself the $$$ & have a go

I agree!

You can either type the answers into the form yourself or tell your IC and have them type them into the form for you.
    It's a lot of money to pay to get someone to fill out a form for you!!

The forms are relatively straight forward and we did it all ourselves. Both work permits and permanent residency paperwork. The NZIS website is comprehensive and all the info needed was there!

I'm going through the process at the moment and I had been quoted thousands of pounds for a consultant. As I don't have that amount spare I have done it myself and I'm a mechanic with a fear of huge forms but I seem to be doing OK!
    The NZIS website has oodles of help files and PDF's of assistance forms, there are many helpful tips to be had from these forums too.
    I had some questions regarding my application and I paid a visit to the offices in London and they were very happy to assist.
    The replies to emails have been more "universal" and less helpful though.

Quote Originally Posted by jonwinter View Post

Thanks,

Jon

Yep this forum, save your money............

kejktfc

Disclaimer - The above is in no way construed as immigration advice....

kejktfc

Quote Originally Posted by jonwinter View Post
    Hi there, I'm new to this forum but am about to embark on the hopefully life changing move to NZ for me and my wife.

I'm from the UK.

Thanks,

Jon
    As all overseas immigration consultants for NZ must be licensed by 4th May 2010, if you do decide to go with one, make sure that they are suitable licensed (or your application may be rejected). See IAA - search for details.

Ian

Hello and welcome.

do it by yourself

Welcome here. As everyone mentioned above most of the forumites here have done all their paperwork themselves with the help of each other through this forum. This also saves you a lot of money. But if you have certain issues that you want resolved and are unsure of you can go to an IC, but make sure he is a licensed IC.
    Good luck

We used TEG's checking service. The best advice I got from them was not to claim every point I could, rather claim only enough to get myself selected from the pool which reduced the burden of proof to show at the ITA stage. This was in the hour long consultation at the start which you pay about £100 for.

We decided that we would use them to check the application as we were still going to have to find all the information anyway, and wanted to be sure that it was right. They did tell us a couple of bits at EOI stage but by the time the ITA went in they had nothing further to add other than to open the medicals for us as they did not need to be in sealed envelopes (unlike OZ I think it was!)

Ity is a time and resource issue at the end of the day. You will save yourself a few hours, but not much as even if you use the full service as you still have to produce the evidence, go for the medicals etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast