Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael Liu

Default Michael Liu

hi! anyone with Michael Liu as case officer? we were interviewed last January 25, 2010 and up to now there is still no word. how long after interview does it take for a decision. Do you think I should email him or pick up the phone and call him? need your help guys....Thanks in advance...

This http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...hael+liu&meta= is a search of the forum for previous mentions of Michael Liu.

Did he say at the end of your interview how long you might be likely to have to wait to hear a decision?

yup, he said more or or less about two months.

He was my CO and my experience with him is quite positive.
    I think it is reasonable for you to give him an email and ask if he needs any additional document (do mention you had an interview with him before).

25 April is coming. If he does not reply you on three months after the interview, may be you can give him a call.

Quote Originally Posted by oopsima View Post
    yup, he said more or or less about two months.

Call him and call him regularly. Michael is a reasonable man but he seems to be overwhelmed. We had the real sense that with Michael, the squeaky wheel got the grease.

thanks guys, i think i'll just wait up to the 25th of April and pick up the phone...a follow up question though - - have you read anything on someone being issued a PPI by Michael Liu? it seems to be the trend nowadays for applicants with no job offer.

What is PPI?

I've seen this around, too - you've made me look it up. From here, a discussion document for the review of the Immigration Act from the Department of Labour. http://www.dol.govt.nz/actreview/bac...kground_04.asp

Proposal - Potentially prejudicial information (PPI) and reasons for decisions

I propose that the administrative practice of providing PPI and reasons for decisions to non-citizens engaged in the immigration system continue as per the 1987 Act, the Official Information Act 1982, the Privacy Act 1993, and the principles of administrative law. This means that in practice, PPI and reasons are given to all applicants, with some exceptions including when:

an applicant is in New Zealand unlawfully
    the Department is making, serving or cancelling a removal order, or
    the Minister decides a special direction request.
    But that doesn't seem to fit this use - I wonder if posters are thinking of WTR -> PR, which is deferred PR, a work visa for 9 months only, given to enable them to go to NZ and try to find a skilled job.

he said: "Your application is still under processing. Please kindly wait for our updates."
    what does this mean?

Good luck for the outcome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast