Thread: Pakuranga District

Default Pakuranga District

OK, hubby has been househunting and is rather taken with a 3 bed in Pakuranga Heights, I am not even there yet and have not seen it apart from photos, it looks very nice, and he said he felt great in the house, so he is desparate to put in an offer.

What is the area "really" like, anyone living there at the moment? If i understand him correctly its quite near Elm Park.

Oh and what are weatherboard houses like to live in? Are we going to freeze in Winter around there?

He may be along later to add some more info, but any feedback would be good.

Default Re: Pakuranga District

Quote Originally Posted by jubjub
    OK, hubby has been househunting and is rather taken with a 3 bed in Pakuranga Heights, I am not even there yet and have not seen it apart from photos, it looks very nice, and he said he felt great in the house, so he is desparate to put in an offer.

What is the area "really" like, anyone living there at the moment? If i understand him correctly its quite near Elm Park.

Oh and what are weatherboard houses like to live in? Are we going to freeze in Winter around there?

He may be along later to add some more info, but any feedback would be good.
    Hi Jubjub,

I live about 30 mins from Pakuranga.
    Pakuranga and all of the other surrounding areas ie; Botany,Meadowlands,Howick,Eastern Beach,Half moon Bay, are good areas. Have a good look around all of the areas.
    I'm not sure if you have children but if you do then you will have to look at Zoning. Pakuranga and surrounding areas have some good schools.
    There is good shopping at Pakuranga "Westfield Plaza" and then the other nearest Mall is Botany.
    Pakuranga is close to Beaches, Ferry, everything really.

Regarding Weatherboard houses: From what I have read people's comments refer to NZ Houses as being cold. I would suggest for peace of mind to find a House with an open fireplace and check to see if it is well insulated.

Here is the Times Newspaper Welcome Guide.
    http://www.times.co.nz/welcomeguide.shtml

www.times.co.nz

All the best for your travels to NZ Jubjub and if you need any more info then I'm only too happy to help.

Carol

Hi Jubjub

Notice from your profile that you are now in Pakarunga.

What is it like living in Pakarunga?

Would be great if there are others with info on Pakarunga.

Regards
    Serene

Its a nice area, lots of space and local parks, beaches are not too far away, and the shops are at the end of the road!

The location is also good for the large shopping areas of Botany and Sylvia Park, and good schools, just check which ones you are zoned for before you settle on a house, there are a couple of low decile schools about that you may want to avoid.

Motorway access is close too, although very busy in the mornings.

And to answer my own weatherboard question, yup they are a bit cold, even though half of ours is brick, but cos its built late 60s no insulation....

so in short, we like it, although would chose a different street, ours is quite busy, something neither of us picked up on any of our three viewings of the place! There are some nice cul-de-sacs around, get a house in one of them if you can!