Thread: Lost High School diploma (South Africa)

Default Lost High School diploma (South Africa)

I have decided to stop doing myself the injustice of hiding behind my degree's points and submit the IQA for education and further study, allowing me to hopefully provisionally register with the NZICA - and claim the bonus points for audit study and experience.

As I got confident for the submission I realised I have long lost my high school diploma and according to South African Department of Education, a replacement depends "on how long my patience could endure". Hardly a happy response.

Is the High School diploma THAT necessary since I have a Bachelors degree? Has anyone else successfully submitted a IQA to the NZQA without one?

Thanks for responses in advance!

I had my qualifications assessed by NZQA last year and I didn't provide them with a copy of my high school diploma. I only gave them my Master and my Bachelor.

It took almost 6 months to get my quals assessed as they needed a lot of third party advice from my university but I'm not sure that it had something to do with the missing high school degree.

Thanks Kath. It's simply my degree and vocational training that matters anyway.

I did send them an e-mail so I'll publish their conclusion as soon as I receive it.

Just in:

"This is fine - simply hand write a letter explaining the situation as to why you cannot provide the document (ie is lost and not replaceable. you have tried).

You may still proceed with the assessment once the online application form has been completed.

Kind regards,
    NZQA Support"

I can sympathise with you not wanting to try and get a copy of your matric certificate. I applied for mine in 2007 (left school in 1974) and I won't bore you with the details of how long it took and what measures I had to go to (constant following up and nag nag nag) to eventually get it Re-applied about 4 times before I eventually got it. I also couldn't find a copy of my secretarial diploma from Technikon (1975) - a different story here. Despite the fact that the campus I had attended was closed down and the course was now amalgamated at another Technikon, I eventually found a helpful staff member (that did take a while) who in spite of the 30+ years since I'd done my diploma found my old file and believe it or not, the ORIGINAL diploma was still in my file. Unbeknown to me I was supposed to have collected after our graduation ceremony and it had been lying there all these years. Those on the forum from South Africa will appreciate this post a little more than others, as they will understand the efficiencies (non) of the SA govt departments.

Cheers