Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broadband - high speed online - companies??

Agree,
    the point i made in jest about not paying was to emphasise the ease of which this service is installed. In the UK they won't do owt until a credit card payment or direct debit is recieved or is in place.

When i first joined Telecom i asked about Broadband deals and they didn't have any. They wanted $100 for a modem and then some installation fee too :eek
    so i waited a wee while and by chance a colleague told me he had had it fitted for free two weeks ago.
    I visited thier website and wadyouknow, free installation and modem!
    So its also worth your while to wait although you may not have that luxury.

John

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to the board, and have been finding this site a mine of information!
    I'm not permanently moving to NZ, just coming over for 18months on 19th June, but have a sneaky suspicion I'll be falling in love with the country and beginning the immigration process myself before long!

I'm renting an apartment in Beach Haven and planning on having broadband installed. After a bit of research, I'm thinking of subscribing to Xtra's jetstream 1gb a month package.
    I'm planning on bringing my own wireless router and usb adapter and opting for the connection only package. Does anyone have any experience of using their own equipment with Xtra?
    I'm no dunce when it comes to setting up broadband, but recently tried to set up my sister's bb package up here in the UK, she'd subscribed to Wanadoo, who had tweaked their router to make it impossible to work with any other usb wireless adapter other than their's.
    I don't particularly want to have to pay for their equipment when I have my own! :

Quote Originally Posted by Snappy
    I'm no dunce when it comes to setting up broadband
    Excellent, save my typing.

UK ADSL router will work here, but you need to chance the VCI setting and stuff.

All you need to know is here: http://xtra.co.nz/help/0,,5739-907829,00.html

Champion!
    Thanks DB!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12