Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Free Air NZ Airpoints membership

Quote Originally Posted by urban78 View Post
    Hi,

The APFRIEND promo code is for NZ residents only, when it usually costs NZ$50 to join.

UK residents have been able to join for free since February 2008, no promo code needed. You just need to tick the correct boxes and make sure you're on the UK Air NZ website.

If you flew with Air NZ prior to joining, you can only claim airpoints for flights you took within the last 30 days of joining Airpoints, that's what the 30 day rule if referring to.

Jen
    Okies cheers

Thanks for this tip. We're flying back to the UK in June with Air NZ and debating whether to join Airpoints, but now it's free it is a no brainer and it worked perfectly. Cheers!

We joined airpoints and transferred loyalty points from our HolidayInn scheme.

NB Airpoints is for individuals not couples or families. So, you'll need to take out separate membership for each person.

Thanks for this. I have just returned from a trip to San Francisco so am now able to join for free and retrospectively claim my airpoints.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

I just joined for free using my UK address If it weren't for this website I'd have never known you could do that. Of course, it won't be of any use really until we manage to get down there!

I think they're part of the Star Alliance, so if you fly with any of their partners you should be able to collect points.

Thanks for this - the joining fee always put me off!

Quote Originally Posted by cappuccino View Post
    Thanks for this. I have just returned from a trip to San Francisco so am now able to join for free and retrospectively claim my airpoints.
    As long as you kept your boarding passes as they won't credit them without, you can do it online but you'll have to remember your seat numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by langers View Post
    As long as you kept your boarding passes as they won't credit them without
    Not necessarily, you only need your seat numbers for Air NZ flights. If you haven't got them, give Air NZ a ring and you can get them over the phone

Actually, it looks like they've done the same for Star Alliance partners too. You now only need to know the flight details and seat numbers.

That used to be my biggest gripe as I lost a whole return journey to and from Singapore on SIA as AirNZ wouldn't credit my points without boarding passes.

Progress at last

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast