Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do we start???

Default Where do we start???

My husband has provisionally set a date of January 2012 for us to move to NZ for good - having been granted PR in SEptember 2010.

Before then we have to visit NZ to 'register' our visas and to do a little reckie of the area, schools etc etc.

BUT - where do we satrt with regarding organising this massive move.

We have four children - aged 9, 7, 6 and 4 so schooling is high on the priority list.

It would be great if any of you have made the move to give us an indication of what we need to be doing over the next few months.

Our time scale is 11 months - which sounds a long time - BUT when I start thinking about what needs planning - it really does scare me!!!!

xxxx

If you pm me your email address I'll send you one of my to do lists. Seemed to cover everything we needed to get here with two dogs.

How do I PM?? I have sent a friend request to you April.

xxxx

Click on my name and view profile - it gives you a screen which allows you to send me a message.

1) Sell the house.

That's it.

Sell the house, move into a rental in the UK should a miracle happen and it sells quickly. May sound like hassle, but trust me, the stress of trying to align jobs and house sales is way worse.

List sent.

Cancelling the TV license, Orange and SKy once you're overseas is almost impossible, so get those done in advance. Note that those have to be done by the person who set them up you cannot give authoristation to someone else to do that.

Dare I say, save, save, save - never underestimate how much relocating costs, and how you'll haemorrage money when you first arrive (school uniforms, basic household supplies, house deposits etc.).

Start "sprucing" the house up, touching up paint etc. as soon as you can so when you do decide to sell, it's in the best condition possible.

It's never too early to de-clutter!

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    If you pm me your email address I'll send you one of my to do lists. Seemed to cover everything we needed to get here with two dogs.
    Could I intrude and ask for a copy of this too?

Sure pm me your email address.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast