Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Washer Driers

My two cents worth....

I brought new Bosch washing machine and separate condenser dryer with me in my container. Fortunately they have a 2 year international warranty which Bosch honoured recently when the circuit board of the wm blew up!

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    Honestly, it's also her birthday this weekend so I thought it was a good way to sort out two issues in one.
    Must be a big birthday if you're thinking of a washing machine. Otherwise an iron would be fine.

i'm thinking a washing machine is not a very romantic present, think she might prefer a bottle of wine and some time with you? it all seems rather practical!

maybe i'm wrong.

For the avoidance of any doubt at all, no matter what heathen neanderthal ape I may at first appear, in both avatar and personality, there is no way on earth I'd buy any practical gift like that for her birthday. I complained enough recently when she bought a netboook to skype with me out of a works bonus instead of some daft imrpatical red soled shoes she'd been lusting after. Despite it being the penultimate weekedn before I go we've set it up as a no packing / job weekend for months, and there are no household appliances on the gift list, in fact the main gift for each of our birthdays is going to be a weekend away somewhere in NZ after we both get there. Home cooked meal one night, michelin star restraunt for lunch another, visit a few places to spend that 'quality time', it's all sorted. Comet / dixons will not feature.

lol
    'mental note to self, read Duncans posts with a pinch more humour'

And don't worry, you'd have to say something fairly extreme to offend me anyway. Such as call me a Lancastrian or that sort of thing.

However, one of the reasons we're together was that her previous boyfriend (we're goiung back a few years, so boyfriend applies) gacve her a pair of footballing shin pads for xmas. When she looked blankly at him, then he said, "oh, well if you don't want them Ill have them" and took them back. Now quite what the story was here I've never understood, or had explained, but I've taken it as a warning not to prat about with gifts, or at least to have real presents along with one joke present. So the year she asked for something small and pretty and sexy for valentines day, the Kylie poster was only part of the gift.

Duncan, here's to a really lovely romantic weekend and a very Happy Birthday to Jane . It's a 5 day long weekend here so maybe you should be in Mexico....

5 days with me. Do you really think anyone would want that, let alone my wife ;-)

3 day one here, so she's got to put up with me a bit longer than normal.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345