Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air Miles?

A friend of mine in the UK used to look out for the clubcard deals in Tesco, where they offer you tons of points on obscure products they want to shift. He'd then buy, for example, two trolley stacked full of sugar, or yoghurt coated muesli bars, or dogfood, or whatever it was, for say 250 quid. That would give him enough clubcard points to convert to airmiles to get a business class return to Rio, for example. He'd then just give the food away or throw it out.

Ah, many people did so (including my brother). Most of those deals now comes with a proviso, limiting each individual customer to only a few items of that variety per purchase.

Thanks for this - I've signed up to Flybuys and am looking into loyalty programmes with One World and Star Alliance. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by sophiedb View Post
    Ah, many people did so (including my brother). Most of those deals now comes with a proviso, limiting each individual customer to only a few items of that variety per purchase.
    Not quite the same, but for our winter wedding we wanted loaps of candle lights, and tesco did some glass holders at 12p each. For weeks we used to buy their entire stock at a time, and only once were we stopped because there was a 10 items per person limit (we wre buying 500).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12