Hi All,

Hope someone can help with this. EOI selected 13/04/05 decision successful 17/05/05 Meds booked for 26/05/05 still have to get full NZQA Assessment done. We are hoping to get PR by Sept/Oct 05 and have (in our minds) said that is when we will hope to go. However we have acquired a long haired mini dachshund some months back, and want to take him with us (but if he chews through my modem cable again I may well leave him behind! :eek Only kidding )

What is involved in taking your pet, what do these companies that ship them take care of, and what do I need to take care of? Also any recommendations would be welcome. I have heard alot about Golden Arrow but where are they based? I am in Derbyshire, so I would prefer a company that is pretty near to Manchester or East Mids etc...

I know nothing at all about what is involved in shipping your pets ops: so treat me like an idiot and I'm sure I'll get there in the end!

What I really need to know is do I need to begin any vet visits now and get blood tests taken? or make a start on any paperwork or does the shipping company take care of that? Also anyone that has taken pets, do you think the ordeal has affected them?

Many Thanks
Michelle