Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Timaru residents?

Default Any Timaru residents?

I have a job stariting in september in Washburn and was wondering if anyone has any intimate knowledge of Timaru or the surrounding area?
    What is the rental market like for a single bloke, most stuff I have seen has been aimed at couples or families.

I've been searching the forum for Timaru and all I get is negatives It can't be as bad as Abingdon!
    Last edited by diogenese; 4th May 2010 at 09:25 PM.

I have not moved yet, but as a future Oamaru resident (the INZ gods willing, that is), I have been through Timaru a few times. Timaru seems nice enough, but for some reason the Oamaruvians say that Timaru "creeps them out". Not sure why!

Oh well! I'll find out myself soon enough
    jlg84, I seem to arrive in NZ on the same day as you! Good luck with your new restaraunt
    Last edited by diogenese; 16th June 2010 at 04:51 AM.

Are you flying into Christchurch from Auckland? If so, maybe we'll run into each other!

No, I'm staying in Waiheke island for a week with my ex next door neighbours who emigrated ten years ago, establishing a social network is essential work in my opinion

Timaru gets a bad wrap for no reason, it's a beautiful town with wonderful harbour views and close to amazing mountains and skifields.

Can't help you much I'm afraid but spent two weeks there and loved it, very pretty harbour.

Well that's a relief, I'm getting a bit stressed at the moment with container woes and only a fortnight till I fly

My husband worked in Timaru for a year and loved it- they did a lot to upgrade the twon, the waterfront is lovely, I think!
    Close to the sea, obviously, and pretty close to the mountains, as well.
    We would have seriously considered moving there if we hadn't already organised different.

Basically there is not much to say about Timaru neither negative nor positive. And that really covers it. For most - as for us - it is "just" a tiny town nearly halfway between Dunedin and Christchurch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast